Monday, January 9, 2012

work & play

Slow start to the day....that seems to happen when you're on the boat in paradise :)
By about noon, the boys were ready for the first lobster hunt of the season.
(Danny, Donnie, and Matt) They found about 100 of them, sadly, none
of them were legal. In fact two of them appeared 'frozen', belly up, in the 68
degree water!  Donnie was frozen, too- he needed a hot tub when he got back.
The rest of the day was tackling a HUGE chore...cleaning eight months of dirt, salt, and grime off the
topside of the boat.  I was literally scrubbing the nonskid with my toilet brush, and not too very happy doing it.  One strand of our lifelines appears to not be of the same stainless grade as the others, as it has left a ribbon of rust...took six SOS pads to knock it down, and it's still a bit visible, though not as bad.  We have days of waxing yet to do...yeah, that can be saved for another time. 

I ran to get groceries...but I couldn't pedal, pedal, pedal my clown bike to get groceries, as it seems my milk crate that was attached to the back of my bike has pulled a disappearing act.  I need to get that situation remedied to get my butt back on the bike.  I did a super easy crockpot recipe for dinner tonight, My friend, Wanetta, gave it to me.  I would layer a dollup of apple butter, a pork chop, a slice of large vidalia sweet onion, another dollup of apple butter....and continue the layers.  Cook on high for three hours, turn to low for another two hours or more...and man, oh man is it ever good!  We took our chops to Mac & Jean's, and Cora made fried potatoes, pigeon peas, and pie for dessert.  We never go hungry around here; that's the problem!  Donnie and I both got a little too much sun today...the heat is rolling off of us tonight...

...which is why Willis was hugged up to his dad :) G'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karyn! Love the blog. :) That you guys were stranded made me laugh a bit. I guess you got a work-out with all your rowing! Hope those sunburns don't get too painful!

    Love, Erica

    ReplyDelete