Sunday, January 29, 2012

so many surprises!

Got up and went to church today...joined the folks afterwards for dinner at the Hurricane.  We decided to come back to the boat and relax- for the most part :)  Donnie worked on the bikes, while Willis was 'supervising'.  I missed the shot of him directly underfoot, dern cat.
Willis T made a new friend today...
Wait a minute!!! Don't just love me and leave me!  What kind of friend are you???
You still love me, Mom, right???
Donnie changed the fuel line and bulb to the outboard motor on the dinghy.  He was having to pump the bulb every few seconds or so to keep the engine running.  Not any more :)  The engine to the dinghy now purrs like a Willis.  So, I decided it was MY turn for a hot lap!  I was a little uncertain as it's been quite some time since I've driven an outboard engine- probably since Cielo, our O'Day 25.
Off I go...wish me luck! (I was still in my dress from church!)
Leaning forward to get her up on plane!
Whoo hoo!  It WAS a hot lap!!!
That was awesome!
And when you're done, the motor goes up- took both hands for me :)

 
We went to visit Kenny and Fran today, and boy were we in for a big
surprise!  Kenny was interested in Donnie's hookah, so we were planning
to sell it to him, now that we know it's running well and works perfectly.
Instead, he asked if we were interested in trading for a lifeboat?  He's
no longer taking large trips off shore in his own boat at Hatteras.  He
just had it inspected and serviced, and its all in working order.
HECK YEAH, WE WERE INTERESTED!!!!
Wow, it feels like Christmas :)  Thank you guys so much!


It's a four person life raft with a domed top, and weighs only 34 lbs.
We'll easily store it in the sea berth with our lifevests and ditch bag.
Whatever you do, do NOT pull the handle- except in an emergency!

The next big surprise of the day came when a mama and baby manatee
came visiting in the canal while we were at Kenny and Fran's.
Polly spotted them first, and soon the whole neighborhood came out for a look.

I even got to pet the mama...I was so excited!!!

Isn't that the sweetest face?  If this pic doesn't make you say, "Awww,
God love it!", then there's something seriously wrong with you, lol.
Can you guess what's my new wallpaper on my phone?
Kind of made me homesick for my Simon, little buddy :/
All in all, it was a perfect day in paradise!!!

2 comments:

  1. It does look like another day in paradise, don't fear your Simon will be getting overly spoiled in 8 days:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I made mom do a walmart run for me to bring us a couple of things- I told her to take Simon bye-bye with her so he could get out!

      Delete