Monday, January 16, 2012

How do we do it?!

We get asked all the time, how do you do it?!  How do you live on a 34' sailboat?  She is 11 feet wide, at her widest point, which there are homes whose room dimensions are even smaller... rather than using the nautical jargon, let me just show you how it all works...in landlubber's terms.
Welcome to our home....we have a sunken living room.
How many of you can say that?  It was popular
in the 70's don't ya' know!
This is our front hallway coat closet, a must for every
home.  You will also see the Cap'n's study.
Willis is encroaching on Cap'n's space- dern cat.
This is the family room, or "TV room"  :)
Our home office, where the blog magic happens!
With the other side of the table up, the dining room
can comfortably seat 6...great for entertaining :)
The furnace room (and linen closet)
The master bedroom, complete with privacy door, skylight, and personal
cooling devices.  Do you have a skylight in your bedroom, hmmmm???
The bathroom is a little on the small side, however, I
have seen bathrooms in Europe not much bigger!
Do you have a music room at your house?!
How about a library?!
Every home needs a storage room, and Marquesa is no exception- for
fishing rods, life vests, scuba gear, the cat carrier and such.
The complete kitchen, with stainless stove/oven, refrigerator/freezer,
microwave, and ample storage space...  My stove is gimbaled, which means
if I get in heavy seas, I can put a pot of stew on and bake brownies without
any mishaps...you cannot say the same if you were in an earthquake!
It even has a pantry!
Step out onto our back patio, complete with outdoor dining...
...you simply cannot beat the view. Not a bad seat in the house!
The patio has a grill for outdoor cooking, but when you feel
like eating out, our 'car' will take you anywhere you want to go!
Both side yards have laundry lines...and in the warm, sunny breezes
your laundry gets dried in no time :)
And every husband needs a tool shed.  There are tools underneath
the dive suits, among other things...
My garden is growing...but the wind the last three days has about
beat my tomato plant to death.
While I was on the home tour, Donnie was busy greasing the motor on
his dinghy (Lori, get your mind out of the gutter!)   Then, he decided
to grease the bikes, too.  The salty air is hard on everything.
My bike looks like a rust bucket, and now I only have one gear :(
We decided we need to get off our lazy butts, stop driving the Jeep,
and pedal, pedal, pedal our clown bikes when we have errands
to run...we may have been a little over zealous in our grocery shopping.
We hit a new world record...$116 worth of groceries on two clown bikes.
(The beer is for our boat guests tomorrow, not me- mr. yuck.)
I'm holding Donnie's bike up; mine is the rusty one along the wall.
I captured this pic after Donnie did a quick repair...
He had to bail on his bike, the handlebars and frame came
loose, and he was trying to pedal with the handlebars at
 a ninety degree angle.  I could hear him behind me saying,
"Oh, no!, Oh, God, Oh, no!"  I didn't dare look behind me,
 for fear I would fall off my own clown bike. 
I was precariously balanced just so!
I'm thinking a case of beer and a gallon of milk
was just a tad too much weight up front :)
I don't know what we we're having a giggle over here, but
we sure were :) 

The rest of the day, I tended to stowing away all the groceries and doing some general clean up, while Donnie went to go swim laps.  We have friends coming for a sail tomorrow afternoon, the wind is supposed to die down to 10-20mph.  The seas have been 6-8 out beyond the reef, so I'm guessing we'll be staying on the Gulf side.  Oh, I have one other thing to show you....

I love my wee little 12V shop vac :)  My carpets have never been so
clean.  Oh yeah, my 'house' has three 12V receptacles...which means
I have a central vacuum system, do you?!  :)))  I love my house!


3 comments:

  1. Yes, I do have a central vac in my house. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will immediately clutch your rss as I can't to find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me realize in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.
    Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong Facial Tissues, 448-Count Cubes, (Pack of 3) (Packaging May Vary)

    ReplyDelete