Tuesday, January 31, 2012

bleh :/

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you.  Woke up to a continuous 30 mph ENE wind again today, so, no fishing or any fun on the water, for that matter.  Donnie decided today was the day to tackle the AC.  It needs to be done before all the company comes, but it means the boat is in a complete shambles down below...all day... for more than one day...it seems. 
The AC is behind door number two, where more tools,
all of the linens, and the off season clothes are stored.
You can't see the mess on the port side of the boat,
and the companionway ladder that was down, the
circuit board that was pulled out, the microwave
on top of the fridge, the tools strung all over
the boat, the blah, blah, blah.
I managed to put all the laundry away, clean up the V berth, the cat box, and the head, before I gave up and caved in to all the mess...  I pedal, pedal, pedalled my clown bike to Kmart to pick up a few things and darn near expired pedalling into the strong headwind.  The only consolation was having the wind behind me as I pedal, pedal, pedalled (and coasted!) back to the marina.  I managed to polish some brass on the boat, plant another flower in my garden, and do a little more organizing on the ditch bag today.  Donnie was not having much fun trying to chase down the electrical problem.  It wasn't a bad circuit breaker.  Maybe it was a problem with the pump?
Maybe two heads are better than one...One Gallon Don joined in the mystery.
Or three heads are better than two...  it seems the pump is A-Ok.
Since the closet was torn all to pieces, I decided to put contact paper on
the shelves...Donnie goes for form and function, I go for pretty :)
Donnie finally had to concede, long after six o'clock tonight.  We went to the pool to swim laps and exercise.  I finked out after just six, but Donnie did twenty-one.  He had some frustration to work out, I guess. I made chicken alfredo and salad for supper, then cleaned up the galley.  Tomorrow Donnie plans to go to SALT in the morning to see if a technician there might know where it could be shorting out and tripping the breaker.  We both hate the though of having to pull the whole AC unit- for pink and blue reasons.  We've also been invited to join Dan and Biddi on their boat for a ride to Burdine's for lunch.  Tomorrow is his sister's last night here before returning to KY. The wind is still supposed to be about 20 mph, so Danny certainly could use some crew.  And of course, the deep fried key lime cheesecake at Burdine's is to die for :)

So, I simply need to be mindful that even the worse day here in paradise is far better than most days anywhere else in the world...I'm hoping tomorrow we get the bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment