Monday, February 28, 2011

Show me the way to go home...

I miss my husband.
I miss my boat.
I miss my cat.
I miss the sunshine.
I miss the 80 degree weather.
I miss cooking for two in my galley.
I miss my little herb garden.
I miss my 'Florida' family.
I miss my clown bike (seriously, I do).
I miss the beautiful sunsets (the sun has shone ONCE since I have been home.)
I miss the swimming pool and hot tub.
I miss the tiki bar.
I miss the appetizers at Happy Hour.
I miss new friends....

I am ready to get back "home".  It is true, home is where the heart is.  I love my log cabin in the woods, but not when I am in it by myself.  30 hours and counting and I will be on a southbound plane for the Keys :)

HOWEVER....I must say, it was good to be with family here at home, to be with Mom, Em & Elle, Michael & Jessica, Ness & Eric and the kiddos, and of course, Simon buddy.  It is hard to be 'divided' from family.  I love them all, and miss them whenever I am away, or they are away.  It's just hard to be away, period.

1 comment: