Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Going home

When the cat's away, the mice will play....

I flew home at the butt crack of night today, as Mom was having a heart procedure done to surgically correct her aortic arrhythymia.  She was in surgery for 2 1/2 hours, and did great.  I am still waiting for her to come up from recovery.

Donnie, on the other hand, is basking in 82+ degree weather.  He and "the boys" are planning a 4 day trip to the Dry Tortugas, which is about 60 miles further west of Key West.  Literally, he is moving the cat to Mac and Jean's (which probably suits Willis just fine as he is not too steady on his feet to make a crossing).  I am sure Bryan and Kenny will be taking pictures, and those that are "met with approval" will be put up on the blog after I get back. 

For now, it seems that Mom may very well get discharged tomorrow.  I will tend to her for this next week, and fly home a week from tomorrow.  Oh, yeah, its 27 degrees outside, cloudy gray, spitting snow, and I remembered very quickly why I wanted to leave Indiana during the winter.  I am glad to be home, however, and very glad that Mom sailed through her surgery.  God is good....I am now praying for good weather and safe sailing for Donnie and the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment