Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Today was a work day

Well, I got my wish....for cooler weather to force me to attend to the taxes today.  The gale from last evening brought a chill to the air today out of the north.  Since we face the Gulf, the whitecaps made it a little rolly in our anchorage at the marina.  Not bad, mind you, as we are safely tied up on all sides.  We also have the trawler in front of us that breaks most of the wave action.  We stayed on the boat pretty much all day, tending to business.

Donnie fixed the check valve on the head as soon as Larry came for the pump out.  Thank the Lord!  I hope that is the last of Helga I will be smelling. He also replaced the broken hinge on one of the cockpit hatches, replaced the screws on the ladder that leads down below, fixed my bike kickstand, and put a large basket on the back of my bike for hauling books, groceries, etc.  He was busy all day, with the exception of our lunch break of sandwiches and chips.  While I am blogging, he is pedal, pedal, pedalling his clown bike to Redbox for a movie for tonight. 

I worked all day on taxes, with the exception of a run to Winn Dixie for groceries.  Mac gave me a ride as I couldn't have hauled it all in my basket.  Besides, the wind has continued to crank all day, and there is a chill in the air.  It's probably 70 or so today, if you could get out of the wind.  It is still considerably better than the cold temps and snow you are still having back home, so I am not complaining! 

After we finished our work at about 5:00pm, we thought we might take a hot tub before dinner tonight, but it is under repair :(  No fun pictures today either; all work and no play.  Tomorrow is installing the new starter for Donnie, more taxes for me, and saying our goodbyes to Jean, Dave & Diane, before they catch their flight home to IN.  Better them and not me!  I gotta admit, I am loving boat life in the Keys.  Willis is too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment