Friday, February 18, 2011

Roadkill

This picture does not do this morning's trip to the grocery justice!  We just needed a "few" things from Winn Dixie, plus a stop at the post office, and the computer shop for a Computer God to get my Dell up and running again for no charge.  I love it down here....but I digress....  I was taken in by the sweet Spanish-speaking woman at Winn Dixie on our second trip to the grocery store several weeks ago.  That is, I was strongly encouraged to get a Winn Dixie card to cash in on all of their weekly specials.  Let me tell you, they have some serious deals each week, so I have taken to scouring the local paper for the grocery ads to see what I can't live without.  I had EVERY intention of sticking to the list this trip, afterall, I already had my laptop bag in my basket on my clown bike.  It was not meant to be....chicken was buy one get one free, 2 liter Pepsi's were 10 for 10 dollars, 5lbs of potatoes were on sale, even Cheerios were in this week's sale.  Needless to say, we came out with about 75 lbs of groceries, and only our clown bikes to pedal, pedal, pedal our bounty home.  (That reminds me, I need to puchase some Bounty paper towels on the next trip)  Oh, but the good news?  I saved $18.69 bill!  The bad news?  We could barely balance ourselves on our bikes.  We didn't dare stop pedalling or we would have been like the old guy on his tricycle on Laugh In! (Boy, did I just date myself with that :)  We very nearly made it back to the marina, only 15 yards to go, and then Donnie hit a pothole, and lost our box of Cheerios, and then ran over it for good measure.  We had a woman take a picture of us, but she cut off the roadkill Cheerios which were in front of Donnie's bike wheel.  Oh well, we cracked ourselves up.  Just another day in paradise.  Spent the rest of the day piddling on boat projects, and sunning by the pool.  Gotta go join my hubby in the hot tub...I hear him calling me...over the sound of the band singing "I hope you have the time of your life"  Sweet.....I am....having the time of my life :))) 

No comments:

Post a Comment