Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Retirement begins...

With washing the boat first thing this morning.  I have no pictures today, as I intended to show you around the resort, but my camera has been dropped one too many times.  We went to K-Mart last night (on our clown bikes), as it's the only game in town besides Home Depot, CVS, or one of two grocery stores.  Places to eat or bars are a dime a dozen here in the Keys, though.  So, the camera I wanted will not be in until Friday at K-Mart, so I will pedal, pedal, pedal back there on Friday.  Donnie spent the majority of the day running down boat parts with Paps, while Mamaw and I held down the fort at the pool :) Willis was in his usual sleeping position most of the day. The guys did join us late in the afternoon poolside for some conch fritters.  They were delicious!

No real news, just a relatively lazy day in the sun, it was about 80.  I know, you all are miserable in the snow and ice back home.  I wish I could bring you all down here with us!  You probably don't want to hear about the painful sunburn I acquired today....

Tomorrow is planned at the boatyard.  We have a haul out scheduled at 8am.  Cap'n thinks it will only be a few hours, I'm thinking it will be the whole day.  He tends to be optimistic; I tend to be realistic.  We shall see who is closer to the truth!  The plan is to take care of the support flange on the shaft/cutless bearing.  (Remember the temporary bolt that was holding it on?) and to also replace the stufifng box.  No problem, he says....we shall see. 

1 comment:

  1. Mom: WEAR SUNSCREEN!! At LEAST SPF 30!! Enjoy the sun, but not the cancer that comes with it. Pleaseeee be safe.

    ReplyDelete