Friday, February 4, 2011

Pink and Blue

It was a Pink Day for the girls; baby shower for Mamaw (Diane) and Great Mamaw (Jean).  There were seven of us that went to Herbie's for lunch.  Fran, Polly and I went to Daffy Doug's, the ultimate Dollar store here...groceries, fishing supplies, clothes, and the usual dollar fare.  We had to get goodies for the baby shower.  I have to figure out how to download the pics from my camera to the internet (I don't have the connector thingie, and I haven't mastered sending them to my email...I need my Ellie-bug!!!)  After lunch we went shopping- another very Pink thing to do.  The good news was I got a new camera, I have it charging now, and need to work at figuring it out tomorrow.

The boys on the other hand, went fishing.  We're needing a mess of fish for the Superbowl Party.  Dick and Dan were in one boat; Kenny, Ron, Donnie and Bryan were in the other.  It was a rather uneventful day, except for the fact that Donnie caught two of the largest grunts he's ever seen.  There were a few mangrove snappers and yellowtails in the cooler, too.  That was only the first of many, many fishing trips the boys will take this winter, for sure.  He says next time he's taking his snorkeling gear and spear gun to "pop" a big hogfish for Fran!  I have pics of Donnie cleaning fish, and the pelicans beggin' for scraps, but you know, they're 'stuck' on my phone.

Tonight we had a candlelight dinner in the cockpit.  I made fried potatoes and salad, and Donnie grilled pork chops on our little kettle grill off the stern rail.  It was a beautiful night; just a sliver of a moon, the stars were bright, and the palm trees were swaying in a warm breeze.  It was picture postcard perfect.  We are so blessed.

After dinner, Donnie pedal, pedal, pedaled his clown bike down to Polly and Bryan's to play guitars.  Bryan has been looking forward to them playing together.  I have a feeling they'll be seeing alot of each other.  I was "peopled out" and just looked forward to a quiet night at home on the boat with my Willis.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment