Saturday, February 19, 2011

Surprise :)

Today was just another day in paradise....Donnie worked on wiring the wind generator most of the day  I put a roast in the crock pot, tidied the boat up a bit, read my book in the sun, repotted some plants, and pedal, pedal, pedalled the clown bikes to Daffy Doug's (the $ store :) and to Home Depot.  The days go so quickly here, it seems.  Willis, naturally, took it all in stride, doing what he does best....
Such a tired kitty. He was sacked out in the cockpit
while Donnie was busy working...he was too tired to
do any supervising today, I guess.  Still recovering
from his bout of seasickness, perhaps?

The garden is growing!  I have blossoms on my tomato
 and bell pepper plants, the basil, rosemary, cilantro
 and oregano are big enough to begin using it. 
I am planning on some pasta later this week.

This was our surprise for the day, a visit under our boat from a 10 ft.
manatee.  I fed him some romaine lettuce (which apparently is like
 crack for manatees :) and a quick drink from the hose.  Hopefully this
 will be the first of many, so our visitors will all get to see them.
  Willis, naturally, slept through all the excitement.
Donnie is swimming his laps now; the wind generator project is done for the day.  Tonight we are going to Mac & Jean's for a visit (I need to color my hair!) and Donnie is going to play (guitars) with Bryan.  Tomorrow is church, and perhaps the beach.  It looks to be another gorgeous day.  Our first visitor is arriving on the 5th, we can't wait to share our cruising lifestyle with friends and family back home. On another note, I may be flying home this next to IN.  My mother is in the hospital with a heart-related problem, which is separate from the chemo treatments she has been taking.  She has told me to stay put here for now, but if she decides to have surgery, I will most definitely be flying home for a week or so through her healing and recovery.  Please keep her in your prayers, y'all- thanks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment