Friday, February 11, 2011

My turn to play!

Donnie got a phone call bright and early this morning to go fishing with the boys, so he naturally jumped at that!  The wind has continued to build all afternoon.  I have a feeling they are doing more fishin' than catchin' today.  I made a crock pot of spaghetti sauce in case he comes home empty-handed.  I decided to conquer all the tax mess once and for all.  Mr. Fix It has kept a rather low profile this week as he knows what a lousy record keeper he is for the business...it takes me HOURS to sort his drawers of receipts out and such.  The good news is this year it is not spread out on the kitchen table at home, (in the cold, snowy weather) but it is spread out on my table (with fiddles, so papers don't fly off!) in Marquesa.  There's worse places to be doing taxes, for sure.  The good news is I was done and walking them to the post office at 1pm today.  YIPPEE!
Now for our accountant to work his magic...

I spent the remainder of the afternoon giving the boat a thorough cleaning down below.  She sparkles, and not a Willis hair to be found anywhere.  Willis was hard at work today, too.  Doing what he does best...
Cat-napping in the cockpit...
and when the wind and waves were a little too much, he took his nap
down below.  It's tough work being a Willis...
After our spaghetti dinner and showers, Donnie and I took a walk to get frozen mango or keylime cheesecake dipped in chocolate on a stick.  It looked wonderful, be we decided to wait until Valentine's Day for such a delightful treat...we ended up with Frosty's from Wendy's instead...and a redbox movie.

Tomorrow morning I will pedal, pedal, pedal my clown bike to the Farmer's market, then the grocery.  On Monday we plan to take some friends for a sail.  We're going to Sombrero Reef for some snorkeling and diving, then grilling hotdogs on the boat.  It looks to be a little chilly this weekend.  We're going to an Art Show at Pigeon Key tomorrow, then I think Sunday I will take care of some laundry and making grapefruit and orange juice at Diane's.  Once we hear from our tax man, and everything is signed, sealed and delivered, we're treating ourselves to a day in Key West...on the $2.00 bus!  Life is good.  No, life is great :) 

1 comment:

  1. I love the boat kitty pictures! Sounds like you are really living the dream and we couldn't be happier for you!!

    ReplyDelete