Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finding comfort...

...in comfort food! Boy, have things quickly changed.  I am back to freezing digits, and covering up with a blanket wherever I land.  Feeling a little lonely without my hubby, but I am looking forward to seeing Michael (& Jessica), Emily and Ellen tomorrow night.  To keep myself busy, I have turned to making comfort food for Mom (and me).  You can tell I am back in winter weather....a pot of vegetable beef soup, mac n cheese, chicken and noodles and mashed potatoes tomorrow night, baking cookies, making Mom's birthday cake (for tomorrow, her 77th).  I can see that I will have to pedal, pedal, pedal my clown bike all over the Keys when I get back as I feel the winter weight piling on already :(  On the up side, Simon is very glad his "mother" is home, and Mom is doing great following her surgery.

No word from Donnie, so no news is good news.  As long as the Coast Guard hasn't called me, I assume all is well.  I am sure he is happily scuba diving, fishing, and doing whatever it is that boys do together for four days on a 34 foot boat! I can only imagine what smells and such will be lurking down below when I get back on Wednesday.  Donnie assures me Marquesa will be all cleaned up...but his idea of clean and my idea of clean are two very different things, lol. 

1 comment:

  1. I hadnt been on the computer much lately and just got caught up on your adventure. So sorry to hear about your moms troubles. Sorry you had to come to such crappy weather too!!! You guys have missed one heck of a winter. I am so glad you guys have had such fun. Loved the winn dixie story. Need anything from home just call. Have fun and Karyn I hope your mom does well and you can get back to the Sunshine and Donnie!

    ReplyDelete