Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Saying goodbye

Ava is taking down her opponent!  HAH!
Eli's turn on the take down!
Last night, I finally got to see the grandkids.  Ness and I met up for pedis, then caught up with Eric and the kids at taekwondo.  Ava will be testing for her next belt in two weeks, and they are preparing for a state tournament.  We had pizza afterwards and said our goodbyes before the kids bedtime.  After I got home, my friend Sue came over for a visit, and to say our goodbyes. Today I went up to West Lafayette to see Ellen, and then together we went to go visit my 97 yo grandma, Ellen's great grandma.  Grandma had a "surprise" for us when we got there...

She had been crowned the Valentine's Day Queen at the nursing home!
It was sweet, she had her crown laying in front of a picture of Emily when she was crowned the Middletown Fair Queen, the summer of her senior year.  The gentleman who was crowned king gave her a kiss on the cheek, and the ordleries wheeled them around the room for a dance :)  I'm glad she seems to have settled in at St. Elizabeth's, and they take very good care of her there.  She looks much better than she has in a long time, so it definitely was good to have moved her there a few months ago.  Elle and I had lunch with her, looked at pictures of our sailboat trip so far, and had a nice visit.  The "zookeeper" was visiting St. Elizabeth's today with his animals, so we made a quick exit to get Ellen back for her afternoon class. 

Lots of love there...

Lots and lots of love <3

We get our looks from Grandma!  :)))  She's still a ridiculous flirt!
Tonight I had dinner (breakfast) with Emily at IHOP and said my goodbyes to her.  She's doing so well in school, well on her way to entering her senior year this next fall.  She was nominated for an officer position with Psi Chi, the psychology honorary society.  While she is following in her momma's footsteps, she clearly is making her own path, and I am very proud of her.  Tonight it was time to pack, and say goodbyes to Simon, little buddy.

Simon was worn out, as he'd just killed two squeaks!  It was also our
goodbyes to Candy, who is going to her new home with the
grandkids tomorrow afternoon.  Goodbyes all around...
  and tomorrow?!      H E L L O   M A R Q U E S A !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet things you said about me! I'm gonna miss you, but maybe I'll see you soon? We'll see. :) Also, I cannot believe that Simon got that close to a cat!!

    ReplyDelete