Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back in the Keys; had a party already tonight!

I landed back in sunny, warm Florida at 11:15am.  It is so beautiful here, and I so enjoyed the car ride back to Banana Bay...looking out at the water, the birds, the reefs, the boats...I could feel the stress escape me along the way.  No sooner were we back to the boat that I learned we had a party to go to that night!  The marina was hosting a birthday party for Larry, the harbormaster here.  We really like Larry and his girlfriend, Bonnie.  They are one of a few people around here closer to our (my) age :)  Bonnie was in the captain's class with Donnie, so its nice they already knew each other previously.  We didn't realize it at the time when we first arrived here.  Bonnie works at the boat rental place here at Banana Bay.  She and Larry are also 'on call' with Sea Tow to help pull people off who run aground.  It's unfortunately pretty common here as it's such skinny waters!  Here's a few pics from the party...
Bonnie & the birthday boy
The picnic pavillion is a perfect place for a party :)
Happy Birthday, dear Larry, Happy Birthday to you!!!

1 comment: