Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sister is here!

This morning we were awakened by Kenny, looking for his fishing buddies, Donnie and Greg.  With the 'spring forward' time change, they overslept!  I quickly made sandwiches, while they got themselves ready, and Kenny went to buy bait.  With the boys soon gone, it was up to Skeet and I to make our own fun.  Since she has to get her 'minutes' in for her health program at work, we opted for a bike ride.  We needed to get another blanket for Ellie's bed tonight, and I needed a few groceries.  We hopped on the clown bikes and pedal, pedal, pedaled over to Mac and Jean's.  After a quick introduction to Fran, Kenny's wife, we hopped back on our clown bikes and pedal, pedal, pedaled down to the beach.  I have to admit, it was a much more pleasant ride than with my husband.  We were so busy chatting about people's homes and landscaping, and all things girlie-pink, that I didn't so much mind pedal, pedal, pedaling in to the headwind :)  I explained to Wanetta that if Donnie and I had been on the same ride, he would be a good 10 yards ahead of me, out of earshot of all my grouching and complaining!

We got back to the boat, and since both of us were engrossed in our books, we decided to have lunch there, and to sunbathe on the boat rather than the pool.  I did a little more cleaning up down below, and got Ellie's bed made up for her for this evening.  We texted back and forth all day as she made her long, arduous journey from West Lafayette, IN, to LaPorte, IN, to Chicago, IL, to Tampa, FL, to Ft. Lauderdale, FL, to catch the shuttle bus for the final 3 1/2 hour ride to Marathon, FL.  She has a head cold to boot, and was running on about two hours of sleep, so she was gassed by the time she finally arrived.

Willis was so excited waiting for sissy, he could hardly contain himself!

I think I can safely say that Wanetta has de-stressed!

Willis is still patiently waiting for sissy...ehem...
While we girls were back at Marquesa...Donnie and Greg were having a red letter day on Kenny's boat.  They caught their quota of snapper, saw a 4 ft. turtle swim by, and got in a pod of dolphins.  Lucky them!

About 6pm, looked who rolled up, finally...Ellie bug!!!

I love my girl(s)! If Emily was here, it'd be complete.

After Donnie grilled BBQ chix, we took a hot tub and called it a night!
The biggest news of the day, besides Ellie getting here of course, was that Donnie, Greg and I all saw the green flash at sunset.  I was so excited, I squealed!!!  I have seen hundreds of sunsets, but never experienced the green flash.  It was awesome :)

What a picture perfect sunset, all for Elle :) Taken just before the green flash!

No comments:

Post a Comment