Monday, March 28, 2011

Beach Bash

I know you must think that all we do is party around here...I promise, that is not the case.  Besides, not all parties involve alcohol.  Today's Beach Bash was organized by the marina, as nearly half the folks here will be taking off for parts unknown in the coming weeks.  Willis was invited, but he did not attend, as he is still on lockdown.
Here he's trying to sweet talk Dad into an early curfew so he could
attend the Beach Bash.  No dice.
I caught one of Willis' buddies leaving the Beach Bash early looking to start a
party of his own.  Mondays is $1.00 draft beers at the KittyKat GoGo Lounge.

The party is in full swing!

I opted for a paddle boarding lesson from Ed...

Steady as she goes...
Hey, this is fun!
My honey did a great job playing his guitar and singing with everybody.
All that practicing with Bryan has paid off!
When I came home from the party this evening, I found our
guard cat, Willis, perched on the chart table, watching the hatch.
...and when Dad stepped out to "pee the boat", he
thought he might be able to pull a fast one, too.
...and when all else fails, Willis resorted to biting Mom...nice kitty.

He finally gave up and passed out...from a bit of boredom, a little depression,
thrown in with some KittyKat GoGo Lounge withdrawals.  Come to think
of it, here he looks like he got out for some of those $1.00 draft beers afterall!

As for projects today, Donnie got in the water and scrubbed along the waterline. We should have raised the bottom paint an inch or so, as we are "riding low" fully loaded for living aboard.  He also cleaned our intakes, and Dan's intakes.  Oh, yeah, he gave the air conditioning a fresh water flush, and it seemed to calm the funky smell a bit.  We have had to have the air conditioning on continuously as it was 81 degrees at 7am this morning, with nearly 80% humidity.  I feel sorry for the boats here that have no air...it's been really sticky!
 Donnie also cleaned Dan's carburetor on his dinghy motor...it still wasn't running well after he had it serviced last week.  He found the source of the problem, and put it all back together.  My hubby is such a good Mr. Fix-It :)

So after I typed all of that, I started asking myself...what exactly did I accomplish today?!  I went on a little shopping trip with Mamaw and Biddi this morning.  I helped Biddi with storing her canned goods as they are provisioning for the Bahamas.  I did my usual boat chores, took a shower, and got my beach party dinner contribution together....in other words, not a whole heckuva lot.  Oh wait, I did oil the teak topsides this morning. And after lunch, Dan, Biddi, Donnie and I took a dinghy ride for about an hour in their boat to try out Donnie's mechanical genious. His engine purred purr-fectly.

At the present moment, believe it or not, I am feeling a little boat sick!  I am sitting on the Vberth, messing around on the computer, and we are rocking all about.
A thunderstorm just blew in from the north, across the Gulf.  Those white
flashes you see are raindrops. I think I need to cash it in on typing
 anymore tonight...still, a perfect day in paradise :)

2 comments:

  1. You look like a pro paddly boarding! Was it fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS fun! I want to do it again; with my hubby next time :)

    ReplyDelete