Thursday, March 3, 2011

Party #2

Thursday dawned with the sun shining bright, and the wind a'crankin'.  It was a steady 25-30 knots, with gusts even higher.  I spent the morning doing a bit of clean up around the boat, trying to find things and put them back in their rightful 'spot'.  Everything has a place on a boat, and everything needs to be in its place, afterall!  (The OCPD in me is smiling right now :)  I also did a load of laundry, went through a week's worth of mail and bills, and took care of some online banking.  Then it was time for party #2!

The neighborhood gang planned a beach party and cookout with Edie's famous burgers.  Since I was just back in town, my contribution was chips...easy enough.  We chose to pedal, pedal, pedal our clown bikes in a driving headwind, down to the beach, not so easy at all.  The good news of that trip was that I made it, in one piece, and I kept most of the bi***ing to myself. Needless to say, I was looking forward to a driving tailwind to help blow me back to the boat.

It was the usual picnic fair, except for the world famous Edie burgers.  I don't know what all is in them, the chef will not disclose her secret ingredients.  Personally, I think she should have them patented- they were amazing.  If you left hungry from this picnic, it was your own darn fault!
The hillbilly golf champs!
Played bocce ball f or the first time- fun game.



Sombrero beach is beautiful, one of the nicest in the keys. We
couldn't even walk on it today, though, with the wind. It felt
like getting pelted with a thousand needles

A blow torch and some gasoline will light the charcoal every time :P
Time to eat!

Its good to be back in Florida :)

Love Polly's shirt- She doesn't want a cracker,
Polly wants a cocktail!

Can't let good coals go to waste- time for smores!

No comments:

Post a Comment