Friday, January 4, 2013

We've got air!

Willis was his usual helpful self this morning, helping dad locate the air conditioner water valves.  They did, and the aircon fired right up without a hitch.  Something else that IS working, thank the good Lord!  It is much needed already down here.
The Merry Maids arrived at Mamaw and Pap's this morning to give their condo a thorough top to bottom cleaning.  It was too big of job for them to tackle alone, and our good deed was much appreciated as both are feeling a little under the weather.
Well, I am also feeling punk.  I slept horribly last night.  I have a good old fashioned head cold, I think.  My head is throbbing, my sinuses are burning, I'm all stopped up, and my eyes are watering.  In a word, I'm a mess.  After the cleaning frenzy and lunch, I came home and crashed for a long afternoon's nap.  Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling much better, so it was a trip to Walgreen's for some Tylenol sinus and congestion.

The good news is while I was resting, Donnie tore into Helga for the fourth time.  This time, Cap'n was met with success!  Helga is working, so no more late night trips to the marina restrooms, which makes for one very happy First Mate :)

We were invited by Kenny & Fran to join them and Bryan and Polly at their place for Friday night pizza night.  We have not been to their new apartment.  The back yard is beautiful, complete with a tiki bar imported from Burma.  Nice!
Their neighbors down the street have a boat house.  Bryan informed us at dinner that it really is a boat house, for the guy's 65' catamaran.  The place also has an apartment.  It's quite the showplace for a boat house!
Since I was feeling so lousy, and Cap'n is also getting a cold, too, we called it an early night.  I have no plans for tomorrow.  I have got to get well.  I haven't felt this lousy in some time.  If I get a sudden burst of energy, I would like to work on my garden.

As for Willis T. Cat, he is clearly quite content in Marquesa, so he will be sprung from house arrest tomorrow so he can get back to chasing iguanas.  We saw One Eyed Jack hanging around in the parking lot this evening looking for his buddy.  I counted my laundry money tonight so I will know if he tries to pull a fast one and make a break for the Kit Kat GoGo  Lounge.  He's a pretty good cat-cat.  Most of the time.  Gnite y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment