Sunday, January 6, 2013

ho hum Sunday

 
I am on the third day of lousy, so Donnie went to church without me.  Turns out, only Paps was there as Mamaw is also still sick.  It really does suck to be sick in paradise.  I haven't left the boat in two days.  I haven't even felt like laying on a lounge chair in the sun...now you KNOW how bad I feel :(

The only thing I managed to accomplish today was to make a batch of salsa.  Otherwise, just me and Willis...on the couch...watching football on TV. 

In between cat naps, of course.
Willis was in a funk after the Colts lost.  He didn't have the energy to cheer for the Seahawks.  We were happy for our son-in-law, Austin, that his team won.  Looks like now we're rooting for the Hawks or the Broncos. 
Willis isn't rooting at all.
Since I continued to fever off and on all day, stopped up (well, from the neck up), and now have a rash all over my trunk and arms, I decided to put myself in quarantine.  Dan and Biddi had invited us over for dinner and to watch the Seahawks game, but I did not want to expose them to my crud. 


So, they were so sweet to deliver my dinner to me.  Danny, the pork chop was delicious!
Donnie finally called our daughter, who has pulled through yet again for her family, and I will pick up a couple of scripts at CVS tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, I'm laying low, drinking my oj, and hoping tomorrow is a better day.  I just want to start enjoying being here in paradise! 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better quickly, Karen! But at least you had Willis keeping you company and playing nursemaid (for the most part!). We have started (slowly!) replacing windows on the trawler provided by the PO as part of our overall rehab. First one done on Saturday....We're hoping that the winter weather will let us get a fair number of them done before spring. May be a little optimistic, but one can dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have a window to replace on the port side salon, too. Just another thing on our to-do list that never ends! Good luck to you :)

      Delete
  2. thanks, we're pleased. She made a new helm cover, too, which fits our new chartplotter and the cockpit table.

    ReplyDelete