Wednesday, January 16, 2013

taking a break. from life.

Since we continue to be dead in the water, we'll never turn down an invite to get out on the water. Guess that makes us fame whores, only different?!  AIS was 10am on Danny's boat, so that made Donnie his crew for the day.

Donnie cast off the bow lines, then the stern lines, and got stuck on Danny's transom!. He had to spider monkey his way up and into the boat, lol.
Mamaw took her spot up on the bow, it was her job to spot dolphins.
Kenny and I took our sunbathing spots on the stern deck...he even let me use some of his lotion, that guy :)
This fishing boat went by and it was called the "Mr. Ken".  I got to hear some of Kenny's crabbing stories.
I love this guy :)
Have any of you seen True Lies?  This section of the old seven mile bridge should look familiar.
The channel marker for the entrance to Sister's Creek was covered with cormorants.
Though I was on a power boat, seeing a bunch of sailboat masts against a blue sky always makes me smile.
Looks like the Coasties also wanted Burdine's for lunch!
In my effort to make intelligent conversation with these guys, I said to them as they approached their boat, "Y'all couldn't turn down a world famous Burdine's burger either/"  The guy who answered, "No, I had a salad."  Of  course, he was a rescue swimmer.  My second attempt at intelligent conversation, "So have any of y'all been filmed for Coast Guard Florida for The Weather Channel?"  Another guy laughs and says, "Yes ma'am we all have, in fact we are right now.."  The guy in the floppy hat on the right was the cameraman for the show.  I. am. so. uncool. for. words.
After we gave our thanks, and I do mean our sincerest thanks, they were on their way.  They had a show to film. and lives to save. and boats to help. and illegals to intercept. and square groupers to catch.
Here's part of our beloved gang enjoying their lunch at Burdine's

No comments:

Post a Comment