Tuesday, January 15, 2013

On the water again, sort of.


Got up this morning, and cleaned the old gal all up, she's looking and feeling homey :)
And Cap'n cleaned up the chart table and above the hanging locker,  which makes me happy :)
Willis, like a teenager, would not clean up his mess, .He even gave me lip about it.  The nerve of him.
Donnie and Kenny decided to use the hooka to "scrape the bottom of Danny's boat."
 
Donnie wasted no time jumping in- the "barnacles" were calling him!
The five he bagged were all legal; looks like dinner to me!
After tha,t we went on our first dinghy ride.  Willis was no where to be found.  So he missed the boat.  Literally.
This old girl, Pamella, is anchored not too far from us.  Looks like about a 1950's wooden cruiser.  Cool boat.


We then headed toward the bridge to get a closer look at this 80' Sea Fever at anchor.  She's a beauty.  Boats like this, and even bigger, were a dime a dozen in the Bahamas.  In fact, she would have been one of the smaller ones.  I no sooner snapped this pic, and the engine on the dinghy died.  Really?????
After about 15 minutes and a dozen tries, he finally got it restarted.  We cruised by the cormorants on our way back to Banana Bay.  They were stinkin'!
I was afraid we'd get dive bombed!
We got back in time to get dinner started....Cap'n grilled the lobster....
While I made a fresh vegetable medley and cut up a fresh pineapple.
Here's to you, Grandma!!! The first bite was for you :)
After dinner, it was triple date night with Danny and Biddi, and Fran and Kenny. We saw Jack Reacher, and I have to admit, it was really good. 

I usually tell stories on our family and friends, but this time I must tell on myself.  During the movie I had to pee.  I slipped on my flip flops, and was about three steps at the front of the theater when I realized something didn't feel right.  I was already committed, and REALLY had to go, so I kept walking.  My left shoe was on my left foot, and Donnie's left shoe was on my right foot!  As I stepped dragged myself into the light of the hallway, I saw what I had done and quickly took them both off and stuck them under my Tshirt!  Good thing the bathroom floor had just been bleached, as I was now barefoot.  I cracked myself up in the seat for about 10 minutes after I got back in the theater :)  Deb Redick, do you remember me doing this about a dozen years ago?!?!  Donnie reminded me during the show.
Now the really funny part to this story was at intermission.  Donnie went to put on his flip flops to go pee.  His right shoe wouldn't go on, and when I looked down on the floor to see what the trouble was, I said, "Huh, I had that same problem about 15 minutes ago!"  LOL

On our way back to the boat, after the movie, we saw feral cats scattering in all directions as we walked through Banana Bay.  When we got back to Marquesa, Donnie was calling for Willis.  He doesn't normally come running when we call, but this time he did, so Donnie picked him up.  He was shaking all over and soaked from head to toe.  As I tried to brush him out, he gave me some cockamamie story about being rolled by a couple of thugs as he left the Kit Kat Go Go Lounge.  I think the truth is he was trying to take the dinghy ride he missed earlier today, and he lost his footing and fell in the drink.  At any rate, he was pretty shook up about it all.   Dern cat.

Biddi treated us all to banana splits after the show, P90x style- low fat vanilla frozen yogurt, sugar free hot fudge, and fat free whipped cream!  I had no trouble licking my bowl clean :)  Tomorrow we all get to get on the water as Danny is treating us all to a boat ride to Burdines.  I can hardly wait!  G'nite, y'all!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment