Saturday, January 19, 2013

fleas and follies

I was awakened from a dreamin' slumber (Elliebug, you and I were diving the reef) to hurry up and get ready for the nautical flea market.  The boys were itching and raring to go for some nautical fleas.
This was our kind of flea market- boat stuff!  We made out pretty good; we got lines to make lazy jacks for the mainsail, a half dozen trolling lures to catch dinner while we're cruising in the deep water, some gloves for lobstering, and a new engine hour meter, since we will get a brand new Bessie in the coming week or two :)  Cap'n has so many projects to tend to!
The boys were worn out from all that wheeling and dealing- they had to stop for a rest, lol.
This pup was supposed to be pulling security detail for his master's booth (his Tshirt said SECURITY), but he was so very, very tired.  He's about as much of a guard dog as Willis is a guard cat.  Dern cat.
The music there was awesome too- the Temptations never sounded so good!

His flute playing was stinkin' amazing! So cool to watch in person.

We grabbed a burger and dog and sat down to enjoy some more music.
These guys were good, too- they did some cute, funny diddies- toothless, the drummer, was hysterical :D
I even got the bass fiddle player to give me a smile :)
Since it was still a little cloudy and cool, we met up with the rest of the group for a game of chickenfoot by the pool.  Donnie was the winner, winner chicken dinner.  Biddi, last week's winner, finished dead last.  She lost her lucky charm.
Several of us went down to Salty's for dinner to listen to Ray West some more- the guy on the guitar and flute we heard earlier in the day.  He was pleased we came back with friends to listen to him some more.
Our traveling buddies, Kenny and Fran.  We're already cooking up where we want to go this summer :)
These guys were a great cover band.  I'd like to hear more of his original stuff.  Ray teaches guitar and song writing to students in the Middle Keys area.  He's from Minneapolis, MN, and he was very interesting to talk to.
I had a ball kicking up my heels in my cowboy boots!
Good food (I had the key lime chicken sandwich on a pretzel roll, Donnie had a pizza), good friends, great music....

...and I had my bestest dance partner...it made for one terrific night :)  G'nite, y'all!

























1 comment:

  1. I love all the video's your adding. Look's like you had a blast at Salty's. It made me think of that song "she's going out with her boots on".

    ReplyDelete