Saturday, January 5, 2013

Such a brave puss

After a fitful night's sleep of fevering, chilling, and snotting, I woke up to the sound of rain on deck...just a good reason to go back to sleep.  In fact, I never got out of my pj's all day :(

The sun came out mid-morning, just in time for Donnie to tag along with Kenny and Fran to go rummaging.  I certainly was not feeling up to it, and Mamaw bowed out, too.  You know she's sick when she passes on a good rummage sale.  Donnie, however, is his mother's son...

He came home with a fishing rod, a blender, a grill, three cans of fuel, two dive masks, a set of swim fins, snorkel, a gaff, a dry storage container, caulk gun, pliers, adjustable wrench, cordless drill with bits, a dive knife, and who knows what all else for $32 bucks.  He was so pleased with himself :)  
Willis watched Dad unload all of his booty, and there was not one kitty treat or toy to be found.  He was thoroughly disgusted, and joined me back in bed.  Though the boat was open all day, he showed no desire in chasing iguanas. 
Late in the afternoon, Dad went to play guitar with Bryan, and Willis started to show an interest in the outside world.
Bravely, he set two paws into the cockpit for a sniff around.
He looked out over the water's edge, and realized once again where he was...
As the sun was setting, he also rediscovered his favorite laying spot, up under the dodger.  He likes the new big windshield for seeing out.  He was starting to get a twitchy nose with all of that looking about.
Right at sundown, One Eyed Jack and Peg Leg were calling from the mangroves.  I heard the jingle of quarters in his pocket as he hopped off the boat and made a run for it down the dock. Dern cat. He'll come crawling back when his belly starts growling.
I have a stir fry all ready to go once my husband decides to come back home as well.  I'm actually starting to feel a bit hungry, though my head is still pounding and full of snot :(   I'm hoping I round a corner for tomorrow as we have big plans with Dan and Biddi for the Colts game! 

I wonder if Willis remembers that he has a curfew?  I have to cut him some slack, though, as he was pretty sweet about laying with me today, handing me kleenax and tylenol, and bringing me drinks of water.  Dern cat. G'nite y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment