Thursday, January 24, 2013

gettin' busy

I woke up this morning, and this is what was beside me in bed.  Mr. Ridiculous under the covers.  Dern cat.
And when I stepped out from the cockpit this morning, this is what the day was like.  Blue, blue sky but it was still a cold 15-20mph N/NE wind.  It finally made it up to 74 this afternoon, but it was a beautiful day for work projects.
The first thing Cap'n did this morning was install a new hour meter for our new Bessie.  It's like getting a new car with zero miles on the odometer, pretty exciting stuff, really.
About mid-morning, a pumper truck came to fill several power boats.  Danny got 150 gallons; we got just 10.  This is when the go fast boats and trawlers really hate sailors.  Our bill was a whopping $35.00.
Take three on patching the dinghy.  If it doesn't work this time, we are giving it away to a friend who has no dinghy. Then we will have to break out another B.O.A.T. for a new one.  Cap'n also worked on the wiring for our gauges.  There was some corrosion and rust, so he cleaned them up and put on new connectors, then sleeved them in heat wrap.
I worked on the teak most of the morning and well into the afternoon.  In the foreground is the 'before' look- black with mildew, yuck.  Also notice the rust on the base of the stanchions. 
This is the 'after' look- no black, and no rust.  I make a pretty good scrub woman.  Ray, from the Fish n' Fun boat rental place, gave me some amazing stuff that removes rust.  I also scrubbed the decks on the topside.  All I have to do to the teaks tomorrow is a final sanding, and then oil them up.  I will do the cockpit another day, as Cap'n has several projects going on there.  I think I will tackle sanding and refinishing the cockpit table next. Marquesa is looking pretty, huh?
Late this afternoon, I moved to the salon and started tackling the dreaded job of the year- TAXES.  I started with the Mr. & Mrs. Fix It business first, my least favorite of all.  Willis heard my grumbling and offered to help.  Dern cat.
After dinner, I was still working and Willis was still 'helping'.  Dern cat.  Cap'n went to a fishing seminar this evening and came home with a wealth of knowledge.  Basically he learned we've been doing it all wrong!  He got some great tips, and you can't beat free.  He said there were about 200 people in attendance.  I'm glad he went.  I'm counting on better luck fishing the next time, for sure!
When I went to the Vberth to get something, you-know-who was passed out on Donnie's side of the bed.
When I came to bed tonight, this is what I found.  He's beyond ridiculous. and spoiled.  and rotten.  and cute.  Dern cat.  You can't help but love a Willis.  G'nite y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment