Wednesday, March 27, 2013

winding down...

The cold front that brought y'all a bunch of snow up north has pushed all the way down into the Florida Keys.  It's been freezin', y'alll!  I mean teeth-chattering, fingers-numb, freezing a** cold.  Truthfully, it was in the mid-60's today, but the wind has blown 25-35mph the last two days straight from the north, and it is bone chillin' cold out on Paradise Pointe.

To add to all of that pleasantness, we are dead in the water once again.  For real?! This has been the season of B.O.A.T.S. and boat repairs.  It's getting beyond ridiculous.  Cap'n now has the entire exhaust system dismantled, and it was delivered to Luis yesterday.  They are thinking there may be an obstruction somewhere which is causing the excessive soot.  At any rate, we aren't going anywhere, of any real distance, until the problem is resolved.  If the exhaust system is not the problem, then it is back to the drawing board as a timing issue.  Ugh.  I'm ready to wave the white flag, or go in search of a magic wand....oh, and some warmer weather, too.

Meanwhile, since the boat is torn all to h**l, once again, (to get to the engine 'room'- ha!)  Willis has taken to laying wherever he can find a spot, comfy or not...

I found him in the pile of mess this morning while I was fixing breakfast.  Before that, he was UNDER the covers in our bed.  I told you it was cold, y'all!
On the sink, really?  I think he was trying to warm himself next to the stove...I had just made Dad's coffee :)
After lunch I found him on the refrigerator...looking for a snack?  Silly Willy.
The season is quickly winding down, so we had a last lunch together at Cabana Breezes.  All 12 of us :)  Mamaw and Paps are heading for home Friday morning, with some stops to visit family along the way.
Ken and Lucille head back to Long Island (I think!)
Edie and Rich leave for Hatteras Island on Sunday.
I'm glad we've got another month yet!
I have a new role here in Marathon- being a groupie to Five Sheets to the Wind!
 
They played a gig for Harbor Cay Club, a nice little marina next to Porky's.

I snuck away briefly to catch the sunset.  No green flash, but beautiful all the same :)
Mamaw and Paps sure love it when they play bluegrass music!  Take note of the coats and blankets- I wasn't kidding when I said it's cold, y'all!
Bryan and Donnie are always so "Happy Together"....it's kind of sickening to watch, really :)  Makes me want to take a bath afterwards.  That, and Bryan's "Naked Song" are always a crowd pleaser. 
You know its been a good night when the crowd all gets up to dance.  Waytogo, Five Sheets!  G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment