Thursday, March 14, 2013

takin' it easy...

 
Only 69 degrees today, cold North wind all day AGAIN...so up to the pool we went.
I was the winner, winner, chicken dinner :)
It was actually really warm up at the pool, where you are protected from the wind.
Some people worked really hard at relaxing (recovering) in the sun.  Other people never saw the light of day until two o'clock this afternoon.  It was a late night (early morning).  They shall remain nameless ;)
It was a beautiful afternoon for napping and working on your tan by the pool.
Banana Bay has one of the nicest (and largest) pools on the island.
...and Blitz, the tiki bar bartender owns a talking bird that makes you feel better about yourself, as he whistles at you as you walk by.  Actually, he says a lot of things- "whatever" really cracks me up!  He rides on his Dad's shoulder as he walks to work each day...too cute.

Sis stayed by the pool for some more sunbathing, Donnie went to practice music with Bryan, and I came back to the boat for some cleaning and to bake a loaf of banana bread.  Cap'n grilled some chicken for me, and we had grilled chicken salad for dinner.  I needed to ice my foot and take a pain reliever, so Donnie went down to Salty's with Bryan and Larry hoping to get a chance at open mic night.  I MISSED IT!  They played nearly an entire set, 10 songs in all!  It was a "bucket list" moment for Donnie, and I was sorry to have missed it.  The good news is they were invited back to play again- I'll catch them next time for sure.  I have no doubt they sounded great!
Ellie captured a beautiful sunset on her iPhone. Look at the palm tree still bent in the wind.  Brrrrr.
Willis is tucked in for the night...his paw on sister's foot.  He always likes to be touching somebody when he sleeps.  As a matter of fact, we're all tucked in for the night, as we have a big day planned in Key West tomorrow.  AIS is 10:00am!  Stay tuned for more pics.  Until then, g'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment