Thursday, March 7, 2013

sassafras

When we got up this morning, Cap'n informed me that he'd been spooning with Willis T most of the night...hmmm.....not sure how I feel about that.
After breakfast, Cap'n went to work on the dive gear.  I came up to ask my hubby a question, and found these two deep in conversation- their eyes locked on each other.  I was starting to feel like a fifth wheel. Or the chief cook, bottle washer, and kitty litter scooper-upper. Or simply an uninvited boat guest.  My eyes were green with envy.
We had planned to go for a sail, but it was so cold, we scrapped those plans mid-morning. We both got busy with chores instead, and I nursed a headache. Donnie had to replace the mouthpiece on Ellen's BC, and I had to make another run to Walgreen's.  With this cold weather, I have been pouring through all the pictures from Germany this past summer, and have been ordering prints.  I started with over 800, and have whittled it down to about 400+. 

After lunch, we were both sick of the cold north wind out here on Paradise Pointe, so we closed all the hatches and called the folks over for a game of dominoes by the pool.  I needed a spot in the sunshine to thaw out!  I swear, it felt like May in Michigan out at the marina.  Speaking od, the marina is really looking and smelling bad, too, with all of the eel grass that has blown in for a solid week straight.  Ugh.

Anyhow, Mamaw whipped us all good at chickenfoot, and held on to the rubber chicken for another day or two.  She plays for keeps!  My exercise class got cancelled, as they are setting up the park for the big Seafood Festival this weekend.  So after dominoes I went over to Mamaw and Paps to get some things out of storage for Elliebug's visit.  I cleaned out the captain's berth by the chart table, and Cap'n got all of our dive gear together in one bag.  I got the life jackets, life raft, and ditch bag stowed in their proper place for cruising.  I also picked up our radar reflector that needs to get put back above the spreaders, which means another trip up the mast for me- when the wind lays down and it warms up a bit!  I made my provision list, and I have a little more boat cleaning and stowing to do before Ellen gets here on Monday!  I wonder if I can talk Cap'n into building a set of lazy jacks this weekend?

Donnie left with Kenny for a fishing seminar at 6:00pm.  I continued to work on labeling pictures, and then got supper started.  Screw being healthy....exercise class was cancelled anyhow...so I made pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans for supper.  I needed some good old Hoosier winter comfort food, as I had to fire up the furnace for the fifth night in a row.  I'm over it.  My fingers actually went numb twice today, and it was in the low 60's.  I must be dead and don't know it.

As I was getting ready to come to bed, Sassafras was sitting on top of my computer.  Really?  We need to come to an understanding...


By the time I brushed my teeth, these two were back to spooning...ending their day the way they started.  Now I'm thinking that Cap'n and I need to come to an understanding...time for Momma K to put her foot down.

Cap'n was soon out like a light.  He has an 8:00am AIS call with Kenny for some fishing.  Before long, Sassafras was inching closer my way...
All is forgiven...he really does love his momma best!  Besides, my grandmother taught me to kiss and make up, and to never go to bed angry.  So we did :)  G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment