Friday, March 29, 2013

long, sad goodbyes

 
I was working in the galley this morning, and had that feeling that someone was behind me, staring me down.  Just a Willis.
Cap'n Donnie gave our dinghy to Dave here at Banana Bay.  His dink got ruined by someone who borrowed his.  We're hoping that by passing ours along, some good mojo may finally come our way. We got a lead from our brother-in-law, Dave, about a West Marine hard dinghy that has only been used three times  The owners live on a 52' Irwin (NICE :), and he built his own dinghy, so they now want to sell theirs.  I think Donnie and Kenny are going to go over and look at it tomorrow morning.  Ironically, it is at Harbor Cay, the marina that Five Sheets to the Wind played at last night.

He also talked with Luis again this morning, and they have done nothing on our exhaust system yet.  Great.  And the days of being dead in the water just keep ticking on by.  Donnie reconnected the muffler and muffler hose this afternoon, but we still need to get the mixing elbow back from Luis.  I think Donnie is going to get it from him tomorrow, as Steve here at the marina offered a camera he has that can be run though our mixing elbow, and it will project what is seen onto their computer screen.  Having one of these outfits would be awfully nice for the nuts, bolts, and tools that get dropped down into the bilge, never to be seen again.  And as Linda said, you can also check for cavities!  Shoot, I could use a camera like that just to find stuff in my refrigerator!  As it is now, I have to nearly stand on my head when I get down in the bottom...and whatever it is I need ALWAYS makes it's way down to the bottom.

While Donnie was gone this morning, I cleaned the head, straightened up the salon as best as I could, swept the floors and made my grocery list.  I fully intended to enjoy the afternoon by the pool and I did!  I finally got some sun, met some interesting people, and tried to take a nap through the screaming kids.  This is the last of the spring breakers, and it is a holiday weekend to boot, so the hotel is full.  There will be a mass exodus off the island after this weekend is over.  The month of April is much more quiet around here, and by May, Marathon is back to the just the locals.  I think they rather prefer it that way, right sis? :)

The last get together with everybody was at Tiki da Hut this evening (aka Bryan and Polly's place).  The band had a rehearsal earlier in the evening, which it's always good to hear them play. 
They even got Ken on the beat box!
Polly treated us to Banana's Foster...
...made with Bryan and Polly Foster's bananas!!!
It was delicious!  She made some kind of rum caramel sauce :)
Paps loved it, so much so it crossed his eyes, lol.
hey, hey, momma rock me...
Edie's only been here less than two weeks and she's darker than us all put together!
Donnie got his musical genes from his dad's side of the family.  Mamaw said she was behind the barn door when the musical talent was passed out!
Me with the two sisters I never had, Lucille and Fran :)
We capped off the night with the first of many goodbyes.  Mamaw and Paps leave tomorrow morning. Nancy and Ron's family are leaving early Saturday morning, and Ken and Lucille are also leaving on Saturday.  Edie and Rich leave on Sunday, and then its just down to us and the locals.  Things are going to get mighty quiet around here... G'nite, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment