Friday, March 29, 2013

mystery solved?!

It is POSSIBLE that the mystery of the black soot in the exhaust may be solved...by Cap'n!  He went over this morning to Luis to get the exhaust system that contains the mixing elbow.  It's Good Friday, and like all good Cuban-Catholics, the shop was closed.  So, Donnie helped himself to the back shed where it was, and there was no lock on the door.  Home she went.
Even though we didn't have Steve's camera doo-hickey, once Donnie got the hose off, we could plainly see that it was CLOGGED.
I'm looking down in there and can see the interior pipe (where the water flows), but surrounding it (where the exhaust should flow) is completely clogged with black nastiness.  I chiseled at it with two screwdrivers and an ice pick, and beat on it.  I got out all sorts of black chunks like charcoal briquettes.  Donnie went in search of some muriatic acid.
Five heads are better than one- seriously.  We welcome the suggestions of others :)  A quick soak in the muriatic acid, and it smoked, boiled, and spewed out more black nastiness.  The galvanized pipe all still seems to be solid, so tomorrow Donnie is going to put the hose back on, wrap it all up as it was before, and reinstall it.  THEN, Luis will hopefully come back on Monday, retime it once and for all, and we should be good to go.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
We met at the Hurricane for our last Friday Night Pizza Night.
Rich had Tuna Takati instead- I prefer my fish cooked- no thank you!

Awww....caught Kenny in a sweet moment, giving Frannie sugar :)

I was steppin' and fetchin' it as fast as I could to see the sunset, but I missed it.  The sky behind us was beautiful still.

Say "hi" to Charlie, he works security with his owner, Ray. 

My honey and I took a hot tub tonight...


Afterwards we joined Dan and Biddi on the Beast to watch the ballgames.  Willis came along to visit with Uncle Danny and Aunt Biddi :)  Such as sassafras...
Truth be told, he wasn't visiting by choice.  He's grounded.  He had given me lip earlier today, and I caught him with one Eyed Jack out on the Pointe when we got back from the hot tub tonight, so he's stuck hanging with his Mom and Dad for the rest of the night.  Danny's worried he's going to do the three P's on his pillow (pee, poop and puke)...it would serve him right.  Attica! Attica!! ATTICA!!!  G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment