Thursday, February 14, 2013

she's gone

Welp...the day started with Danny and Donnie going lobstering this morning.  If I had my camera, I would have shown you the pics of the boys taking off in Danny's dinghy, all fired up for their expedition.  That's right.  My camera is gone.

Danny snapped this pic of the iguana sunbathing on the pointe around Fara Blanca. You can see Donnie's regulator hose snaked in the water.  This is the lazy man's way to catch lobsters!  Leave a tank in the dinghy and breathe off a reg.  Actually it works much better, as you could be down for awhile trying to tickle a lobster out of his hide-y hole and into the snare.  He caught five more today, to add to the eight he got yesterday.  We're having a lobster feed tonight!
If I had my camera, I would have shown you pics of me and Willis, working on the taxes.  He was so very helpful, that Sassafras.  I had to keep moving him off of my papers.  Inevitably, he would be laying on the the very papers I needed.  What is it with a cat and papers?!

If I had my camera, I would have shown you pics of Cap'n being a swabbie and finally giving Marquesa a much needed bath.  There have been so many ongoing projects that have left the boat and cockpit torn up, that there really was no point in cleaning her.  You'll have to trust me, she sparkles now.  All she needs is a couple coats of wax to really shine.   Stephanie, are you interested in coming down to help with that waxing?! lol

And this is when the camera disappeared.  As Donnie was finishing up cleaning the boat, I had returned with a carload of groceries.  Donnie's parents soon arrived, and we had to rush to get dinner going.  It was chaos down below with me cleaning and sorting the fridge, the dry storage locker, packaging food to store, getting drinks for everyone, setting Mom up down in the air conditioning, starting the broccoli and potatoes, frosting the brownies.....you get the idea.  All of this was happening in the span of about 30 minutes.  Somewhere in there, after taking Donnie's pic of a clean Marquesa, I have sinking feeling I laid it down.  Donnie even dove under the boat last night seeing if it got knocked in the drink.  That would have been the best case scenario as it is an underwater camera good to 33 feet.  No luck.  He also woke up this morning with a bad case of sea lice from diving at night.  He's all welted up and is itching like poison ivy.  He did say when he was diving and looking for it he saw a lobster and rainbow parrot fish playing photo booth with it in the rocks, but he couldn't reach them. Still no camera. Marquesa has been torn all to pieces three times looking for it.  I was up until 2:30 this morning still looking for it and trying to finish up the taxes to mail them in tomorrow.  Again, no camera.  I think I may have laid it on the dock while I was unloading groceries, and somebody picked it up. In all of the confusion, the sun was beginning to set, and there was a wedding going on at the pointe, so there was a lot of people milling around.  She's just gone. sad face. :(

We ate ourselves silly at the lobster feed.  We had (l to r) Mac and Jean, Donnie, Karen, Biddi, Cindy (Danny's sister) and my momma over for dinner.  This pic was taken with my phone.
Danny cooked the lobsters perfectly on the grill.  They were so good!  We also had baked potatoes, fresh broccoli, lobster mac n' cheese, and hot fudge brownie delights for dessert.  I was miserably full.  We ended up with two lobsters left over that had Greg's name on them :)  Guess Donnie will have lobster salad for lunch today.
It was a beautiful sunset, too.  G'nite, y'all (actually g'mornin' as it's after 2am)

.

1 comment:

  1. I should have waited until after supper to read your blog, my mouth is watering, and my stomach is growling, thanks for thinking about me, love ya

    ReplyDelete