Friday, February 22, 2013

sailing...takes me away...

I'm not sure I could tell you where the day went to, but the evening was a ton of fun.  AIS was 4:00pm for a sunset cruise.  We were supposed to be buddy boating with One Gallon Don and Sandy, but we didn't actually meet up with them until just about sunset.  We had nine of us on Marquesa for good food and libations.  and laughs.  lots of laughs.  and one tense moment.  but its all good!

Momma K takes the helm while Cap'n Donnie gets the sails set.  It was a blustery 15-20 knots of wind, perfect for sailing.
Nancy made Bahama Mama's and the Red Solo Cup party was started!  Thanks, Nancy :)
Well, hello, Ken Mann...
...he was just checking in on Lucille, not that he had anything to be worried about!  She wants to be BAD!
Ron and Kenny were just checking for balls  (not theirs, I hope!)
Me and my pretty momma :)
I sure love my Cap'n...in the calm before the storm, in the storm, and after the storm ;)
Our bestie travelling buddies, Kenny & Fran.  We love these two people.
We've become fast friends with Ron and Nancy, too, not just because she makes a killer Bahama Mama, either.
Ron and I were on dolphin watch...we didn't spot any today. dang it.
I love sailing.
...and this guy.  bunches.
It was looking promising to be a green flash kind of night, but no.  Still beautiful.
Only Nancy had the hair for a windy sail...the rest of us were looking pretty windblown.
Frannie tried to tame her wings with sunglasses.  In the words of my Grandmother, she looked like she'd combed her hair with an eggbeater! lol
How's about a hat instead?!  Oh yeah, I'm lookin' fly, too!
We passed One Gallon Don and Thud's boat just after sundown.  What a beautiful vessel.  Thud is a legend around here.  Something about the Brass Monkey in town.  and one very. large. woman.

After Marquesa was safely tied to the dock, we all met at Salty's for Friday Night Pizza Night!
Momma and I always love to listen to some good music.
Misery Loves Company is a band of kids from Marathon High School.  These kids are THAT good, y'all!
I had my bestest dancing partner with me.  I was ready to kick my heels up with my twirly dress and cowboy boots on!  I got asked to dance by a couple of different men, average age was 75, lol! 

All in all, it was another wonderful day in paradise..what did YOU do this Friday night?  G'nite, y'all!








No comments:

Post a Comment