Monday, February 18, 2013

hardly working

Mr. Slumber finally decided to wake up about mid morning.  After he stretched the kinks out, ate a nibble, and sniffed at the pelicans in the water, he slipped off into the mangroves.  Not five minutes later, he had chased an iguana into the water.  I guess he was rarin' to go, afterall.  You should have heard the branches breaking before the big splash.  Good kitty :)
Cap'n changed out the jib sheets on Marquesa this morning.  Long underwear and a bathing suit...you don't see THAT everyday.  He's either in serious denial about the cold weather this morning, or he's making one heckuva fashion statement!  At any rate, the new sheets look really pretty, now Marquesa needs to be shined up (wax on, wax off).
I put a roast potatoes and carrots in the crock pot for dinner tonight, cleaned the head, made up the bed and swept the floor and declared myself done for the day.  Even though it was only 71 degrees today, and there was still a cold north wind blowing, it was beautiful up by the pool.  I think I counted thirteen of us just hanging out, playing chickenfoot, and telling tall tales.

I call this the "bull pen" as you can bet there was a lot of bull**** being told...with Big Ron leading the pack! lol
 
There was a mean game of chickenfoot going on, Fran's great niece Alexa joined the old folks for some fun :)
Mamaw Jean was finally the winner, winner chicken dinner!  The bird was wearing a knitted hat to keep warm.
It's good to see a brother and sister hanging out together (Kenny & Nancy)  I hope I can get my brother, Kent, and sister-in-law Kathy down to Marquesa sometime.
This cute little fella was quite the beggar...
So I baby-talked him into me feeding him pretzels...
How cute is he?!  Much more cute than a stupid iguana...
 
 
Until he wasn't so cute anymore... I created a squirrel monster.  He got in Biddi's bag, rummaging around for some potato chips. Then he jumped into Lucille's lap. That caused a bit of a stir.  Then Mr. Brazen climbed up Pap's leg into his lap which was far too close for comfort for Fran.  I've never seen her move so fast in my life!  Yep, I got in trouble...just another day in paradise :)  G'nite, y'all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment