Thursday, February 14, 2013

SHE'S BACK!

Taken yesterday, the boys were loading up to go lobstering :)
Danny, you're supposed to be driving!
It has been SO HOT the last few days (and humid) that we finally had to turn on the air conditioner.  Thank goodness it works!  We had to pay a B.O.A.T. to replace it last year.  Once Willis woke up from his orning nap, he was asking mom to let him go out and chase iguanas in the mangroves.  I gave in.  Such a Sassafras.
There was a wedding yesterday afternoon at Paradise Pointe.  Larry, the dockmaster here at Banana Bay can officiate your ceremony.  Thankfully, the manatee passed out on the lounge chair woke up and got out of the photographer's way!
Cap'n gave a good scrubbin' to Marquesa late in the day yesterday.  She was sparkly clean until you know who tromped all over the deck last night looking for a way to get in.  He was locked out since the air conditioner was on.  Dern cat.  I handed him the scrub brush and a bucket of soapy water this morning when I got up, but he just gave me a disgusted look then curled up on my tax papers for a six hour nap.  What a turkey butt.

        

My honey got me some beautiful flowers this morning for Valentine's Day.  Awwww, he's a keeper!
This would be a dead Agnes, the autopilot.  This is what happens to your electronics when they sit in rainwater for three months.  Oops.  Cap'n made a trip to Home Depot and began soaking and brushing all of her guts trying to coax her back to life.  My fingers are seriously crossed, otherwise, Break Out Another Thousand.  Please, God, not again.
I finished the taxes by 1:00pm, and got them overnight expressed to our accountant back home.  Donnie decided to take a break from the rusty mess, and I was in the mood to celebrate OUTSIDE of the belly of Marquesa. We all played a serious game of chickenfoot by the pool this afternoon.  Notice the rubber chicken is now wearing pants (a coozie).  Cindy, Danny's sister, was the winner.  She bequeathed the bird to Biddi, so she wouldn't travel back to KY tomorrow with Cindy and Karen.  Sorry the lighting is bad, this was taken with my phone.
AND THEN.....

After the game ended, I went back to tear up the boat a fourth time looking for my camera.  Donnie also dove again this afternoon for about an hour looking for the camera all around the dock, under the boat, and in the rocks.  After he left to go practice music with the boys, and before I left to go for a work out, my phone rang.  It was Mom.  SHE FOUND MY CAMERA!!!  It was in her purse all along, which I had gone through twice last night.  In her defense, we both had forgotten that I had given it to her in all of the rush and commotion last evening. She dumped her purse again on her bed today. After pouring though the contents, it still felt 'heavy' to her.  There it was in the bottom ove her purse, between the lining and the purse (there's a tear in the lining).  I thanked her profusely, and told her I'm taking her shopping for a new purse, lol.
Tonight we all got together for the Third Annual Chocolate Fondue Party at Tiki Da Hut.  We had angel food cake strawberries (my favorite), heart shaped marshmallows, pretzels, vanilla wafers, marachino cherries, lady fingers, bananas, bacon (a close second) and spam (which I do NOT recommend!) for dipping.  I ate myself into a chocolate coma.  So much for that hard work out I had earlier this afternoon.  But it was SO worth it, lol! 





The 'band' played tonight, too, working on getting their gig together before they play at the Looper's party on the 21st.  To be a "Looper" means you have circumnavigated the eastern North American Waters.


It takes about a year, and covers a distance of over 5000 miles- very cool.  A perfect trip for trawlers.
These guys are sounding tight, as are the harmonies.  Larry is on banjo, Donnie plays rhythm guitar, Bryan takes lead guitar, Gary and Penny switch out on the stand up bass, and Gary also plays the mandolin and harmonica...
...and Kenny filled in on the beat box!
I think I told you a few days ago that Gary built his stand up bass in three days with materials from the Home Depot.  It has a really good sound, too.  What I hadn't noticed before were the F-holes which are dolphin cutouts- perfect for the Keys :)
I hopped in the saddle and sang on a few choruses.
There's a whole bunch of talent right there.
A cold front was due to come in tonight, and as predicted, a Northern blow came up really quick not long after 9:00pm.  The party quickly broke up. By the time we got back to Banana Bay, the cold rain was coming down in sheets and blowing sideways. We're supposed to get three inches of rain through tomorrow, and by Sunday it's only supposed to be in the low 60's.  Guess I'll have to dig out my jeans, my one long sleeved shirt, and my hoodie sweatshirt!  Thankfully, the wind is out of the N/NE, so it is not banging us into the dock.  If it clocks out of the N/NW, then we're in for a long banging, bouncing night.  Marquesa is like trying to sleep on a bucking bronco, when the wind is out of the NW.  Danny's boat is breaking the northern waves for us right now, so it's not too bouncy yet.  I feel badly for Cindy and Karen who are probably trying to sleep in the bow cabin on Biddi and the Beast.  Right now I can hear the wind whistling in the rigging.  It's supposed to build to 25-30mph.  Thar she blows!

Happy Valentine's Day from my momma and me!  G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment