Tuesday, February 19, 2013

another day done

Where does the time go?  Peter, the electrical engineer called this morning offering himself to Donnie to interface our new VHF radio with the GPS chartplotter.  This biggest advantage is when we are cruising we will show up on other ship's radios, chartplotter and radar.  We do not have radar at this point, and we are tiny compared to other boats out there....so we want to be 'seen'.  Someday we'll break out a few B.O.A.T.S. and purchase a radar.  Maybe have a car wash and a bake sale or two to fund it.

Before that project was tackled, we were in a major hunt for a wire harness for the chartplotter,  It turns out we didn't have one, afterall, Cap'n must have dreamed that one up.  Gahhhh.  The good news is it caused Cap'n to organize his tools, put away the remnants of other projects and what not.  I was ready to clean, clean, clean, and purge, purge, purge.  We didn't get much purged today, but we are are better organized and we found some missing things! 

I went and got groceries and made a pot of vegetable soup from last night's roast leftovers.  A loaf of Cuban bread and it hit the spot- for lunch AND dinner!  I took Mom to run some errands this afternoon, and made plans to go to the Dolphin Research Center tomorrow morning.

Fish N' Fun was busy with the rentals today, so there was a bunch of foot traffic on the docks.  Willis was in fine form, flirting and getting pets from nearly every passerby.  I swear he was making a game of stalking them as they walked up the dock, then flopping at their feet when they got close as if to say, "You know I'm irresistable!"  Which he was, so he cashed in on the belly rubs today.

Willis, mid-ambush
Waiting on his next 'victim'
Trying to be cool, chewing on a stick...I knew what he was really up to.  Ridiculous.
What?!  So I'm distracted by a stick...secretly, I hear more people coming closer.
You KNOW you want to pet me.  And take my picture.  And give me lovin's.  Dern cat.
We had an absolute DOWNPOUR late in the day, before the sun went down.  I got wet exercising in the park, and....came home to a wet boat.  Donnie and Peter were deep in thought in their electrical project, and it didn't occur to Cap'n to close the hatched when the skies opened up. 

And....we got a wet bed.  Lovely.  I got the fans going, sopped up what I could, and handed them some soup for dinner.  For good measure, in the middle of my fussing at Cap'n, a soaking wet Willis jumped into the cockpit and shook himself off like no other.  It was like one of those slo mo commercials of a dog shaking off the spray from the garden hose.  He sprayed Cap'n for me- his timing was perfect :)  I knew he loves his momma best :) 

The guys were attempting to wire in the dark at this point, so it seemed prudent to call it a night.  Peter is coming back in the morning to help Donnie finish up, and I will take Rita and Mom to the Dolphin Research Center.  At noon, Donnie is practicing with the band for the last time before their gig on Thursday.  At 4pm, we plan to take Paul and Rita on a sunset sail.  I hope to grill out for dinner tomorrow night.  Just seeing the agenda for tomorrow, you can see how the days go so fast down here.  I'd better call it a night.  G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment