Saturday, February 8, 2014

Surprise!!!

Donnie and I got up and took a long, hard workout at the gym.  Afterwards, I ran to the grocery store to stock up.  Mom and Ellie are coming in Monday for vacation, and I had some dishes to prepare for a birthday party tonight.  While I was gone, Donnie gave Marquesa a good scrubbin' topsides.  She was looking shiny and new by the time I got back ;) 

I got busy in the galley making cheesy potatoes and baked beans for the party tonight.  In the midst of that I cleaned and stored all the fruits and vegetables, and squirreled away all of the dry goods, soft drinks and two cases of water.  We had to get to Kenny and Fran's by 3:30pm so Donnie could help Bryan set up the sound equipment for the band.  Everyone started arriving at 4:00pm, and the guest of honor showed up before five.  The party was in honor of Nancy, Kenny's sister, who was celebrating a milestone 70th birthday.  To say she was surprised is a complete understatement!


 
Happy tears all around :)
 
 
Martina "wrote" her a very clever birthday message.
 
Her "flower" bouquet, made from Depends!
 
Martina and Fran were walking her through all the surprises :)
 
Hugs from her sweetie, who kept the surprise under wraps all this time!
 
She got a new pair of slippers (made of Depends!) and a
knitted black bra, complete with tassles, made by Lucille.
 
Diane and Donnie serenaded Nancy with a special "Senior" rendition of
Julie Andrew's "My Favorite Things"- hysterical!
 
 
Five Sheets to the Wind soon got the party started!
 
Martina and Rupert were quick to start dancing- they're really good!
 

Brother and Sis- I hope that is Kent and I
one day down the road :)

Fran provided the beer brauts and bbq pulled pork and the
birthday cake, and we all pitched in the rest.  It was quite the spread.
I ate myself to the point of miserable :/  Big Ron demonstrated
the fine art of saving a snack for later- in his sunglasses, lol.

Five Sheets to the Wind kept the party going...

Later in the evening Donnie called Nancy and Ron up
for a special song, Josh Turner's "Be Your Man" :)

Me and my honey, while the band was on a break.  The bad thing with
him playing all evening, is I lose my dance partner :/

I obviously was still having a good time, lol.

Late in the evening, Rupert brought out a special potato vodka for folks
to sample.  All I can say is don't anybody light a match- yikes!

Then, to commemorate our move to China, he brought
out a special "snake schnapps" for people brave enough
to try it.  Yeah, those are snakes in there, and no-
I draw a hard line whenever snakes are involved.
GROSS.
Martina and Rupert were gracious enough to share their beautiful
property with us.  His tiki bar is a work of art.
 
Long after the band quit playing and the party was winding down, we
finished off the night Hoosier style- toasting marshmallows on a bonfire.
(except my toes were in the sand!)  It was a perfect ending to a perfect night.
Happy 70th Birthday, Nancy!
G'nite, y'all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment