Tuesday, February 11, 2014

nice and easy

Oh my...I keep waking up feeling more sore than the day before.  In fact, tonight is the worst yet.  Donnie is presently lost over at Black Fin Marina, and I'm guessing he's feeling no pain.  My broken toes are not even the issue, it's my right ribs where we took the tumble.  I can only inhale about half...I'm just hoping by tomorrow morning I will have rounded a corner and will start feeling better.

This morning I fixed French toast made with Cuban bread and sausage for breakfast.  Donnie got asked to go fishing with Ken and Kenny this morning, so after breakfast I packed his lunch and away he went.

The first order of business was to drop Ellie off at Sombrero beach for some
sunnin'.  It was gorgeous there today- flat calm on the ocean side.  There
were lots of boats out at Sombrero light.  It would have been a perfect day
for a dive.  I can't imagine putting on a BC and scuba tank on my back
at the moment.  I need a few more days to heal- dang it.

While Ellie soaked up some sun, Momma soaked her feet for a "number
one toe job."  Her feet needed to get beach worthy!
I found Ellie under the shade of a palm tree when I got back.  Smart girl.
The sun is blistering hot and strong these days.  Mid 80's and no clouds.

After lunch on Marquesa, we all went to the pool for some sun.
Momma was wise to take her afternoon snooze in the shade :)
No sense in overdoing it the first day. Thank goodness for 50spf!
These two can't help but be lily white after the unbelievable
winter they've had back home in Indiana.  Mom has been snow
bound, literally, in her home for weeks.
Our friend Brian (who visited on Marquesa with his wife, Wendy, last
month) happened to be in the neighborhood today and sent me this
picture of our home.  It looks like the snow is well over a foot deep in
front of the garage.  Other than that, the best I can say is that Indiana
and Florida seemed to be sharing the same beautiful blue sky today.
We no sooner got back from the pool and Cap'n got
back from fishing.  They caught their limit in mangrove
snapper again today!  Great job, boys :)

The pelicans and seagulls put on a show catching the fish remains mid-air.

Ellie was more interested in catching some cuddles and kisses from
Sophie from the Wanderer.  There's always a hundred kisses from her for
 her furry friends.  Always.  It was like watching six year old Ellie all over
 again. She never met a dog or cat that she couldn't pass up.  Ever.
I took off my bandages and redressed my toes before dinner.
I'm bruised down to the top of my foot.  It still doesn't hurt
as bad as my ribs.
A large group of us met up at Sparky's Landing for 25 cent wings and
shrimp night.  Pictured here is Momma, Rita and Peter from MD (by
way of Switzerland and Slovakia), my Cap'n, One-gallon Don and
his son Thud (Kevin) their friend Dave, and Don's wife, Sandy, (all
are from New Jersey) and of course, my Ellie bug :)  We ate ourselves
silly, and then walked off some dinner admiring the boats on the docks.
Sis polished off the last two wings- they were hers
anyhow.  Of the more than 80 wings we ordered, she
tried to slide by with not eating all that she ordered.
As the boys did the greater damage on their end of
the table, all that was left were two wings- hers!


Tomorrow I hope to attempt a return to the gym, though I'm not sure what I'll be able to do for a workout.  I have Momma lined up for a hair appointment at 11:00, then there's a whole big group of us meeting at the pool at 1pm for a serious game of chickenfoot!  The bird is on the line tomorrow...look out :)  This momma is hittin' the rack.  G'nite, y'all.







No comments:

Post a Comment