Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dolphins!

It was Stephanie's last full day in the Keys, so we went
to the Dolphin Research Center.  We hadn't seen any
dolphins when we went sailing, or when we've walked
the seven mile bride this week.
I mean, who could resist that sweet face, really?

We watched an encounter with the two mommas and their babies, so cute.

Though they are nursing around the clock, they were still doing tricks!
I would have to take a nap; who has the energy for tricks?!
We watched the sea lions get fed their breakfast.

They put on quite a show, too!
Even this guy looked hungry this morning.

But not this one; he was feeling a little green...

And of course, all the tropical plants and flowers looked gorgeous :)

Later in the afternoon, Stephanie pedal, pedal, pedaled my clown bike
down to the Turtle Hospital. She got to meet all sorts of turtles, which
she totally loved. She even bought a turtle lamp for herself.

I stayed behind this afternoon, while she went to the Turtle Hospital. I have been before, and really needed some time with Cap'n.  He's been dealing with Pap's health issues nearly daily, and this morning they were given some not so surprising news regarding his health.  I don't want to say anything more just yet, until we know for certain what we are having to deal with.  Suffice it to say, your prayers are much needed and appreciated.  My honey has been under a great deal of stress. I hate it for him as he works so hard the other eight months out of the year, that this is the time and place he should really get to relax and unwind. :/  He hasn't had as much of that as of late, and he's very concerned for both his mom and dad.  Keep him in your prayers, too...

Knowing he's been taking it tough lately, I fixed him his
favorite meal this evening- chicken parmesan.  He took
one look at his dinner when I served him and said, "Aww,
did you make me my favorite dinner because you knew
I've been stressed and feeling badly?"  Yeah, I did.
He knows me well.  But I know him well, too.
We just take care of each other like that.
G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment