Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pool day and sunset sail :)

I got up and ran errands this morning on my clown bike.  I went to the bank, made some copies at the front office, express mailed our taxes, and got a load of groceries.  Donnie washed the boat down while I was gone.  We are planning a sunset sail this evening.

As I pedal, pedal, pedaled my clown bike home from the grocery, I
stopped by the back patio of the Hurricane where Mom and Ellie were
getting their last fish sandwich in the Keys.  They fly back to IN tomorrow :/

While I made a roast with potatoes, onions and carrots in
the crockpot for our dinner tonight, Ellie got ready for
a second interview with Amarillo, TX.  I think she looks
like a news reporter, don't you?!  LOVE the new dress, sis!


I got up to the pool to join the party already in session and I found
Alexa and Adolph lounging in the pool.  Adolph takes to the pool
like a duck takes to water.  He loves it.

We had a hot game of chickenfoot going all afternoon.  It went down to the
wire between Alexa and Ellie.  Was the bird going back to Indiana?! 

Nope!  It looks like he may be flying to Long Island, NY!
We have more chickenfoot to play in the coming days;
we'll see if Alexa can hang on to the bird or not :)
She already has plans to take him to school in her backpack, lol,.

After we finished at the pool, we offered to take anyone who wanted to go on
a sunset sail.  Though it was pretty windy, it was relatively flat on the
Gulf side.  Alexa and Lucille and Ken came along, as did Peter and Rita.
Ellie bug was on board, too, but momma, and Alexa's momma opted out.
Alexa got a lesson in sailing terminology- the girl is a quick study!

The First Mate takes the helm, while Cap'n goes forward to raise the mainsail.

Once he sets the jib sail, and we set a course, I usually let him take the helm...

...so I can take the cat bird seat!

Cap'n kept the ladies entertained while Ellie got drinks for every one,
and I got out the chips and salsa.  Being on the water makes you
thirsty AND hungry :)


We sailed off shore about five miles or so, then waited for Mother Nature
to put on her nightly show.  It was looking promising...

...but the low lying clouds on the horizon kept it from being a
green flash.  Still it's always a beautiful sight.

As we got back closer to Banana Bay, Cap'n fired up Bessie and I took the helm while Alexa helped Cap'n drop the mainsail and put on the sail cover.  I think it's safe to say that everyone had a good time.  By the time we got back and got the shore power, water, and cable reconnected, our dinner in the crock pot was done.  I made a roast, potatoes, and carrots for Ellie's last night.  It's one of her favorite home-cooked meals.  Tomorrow morning we leave for Key West to take Mom and Ellie to the airport, and to pick up Stephanie who has been house sitting for Mom.  She'll be with us a week, and then we should start looking for a weather window to head to the Bahamas.  It will be another week of fun and sun in paradise...G'nite, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment