Sunday, March 18, 2012

Still catching up!

Saturday, while I was in Ft. Lauderdale with Ellie, Donnie tore into Bessie and gave her the once over- changing the oil, filters, and such.  After I bid my sad goodbyes to sissy, I was feeling energetic enough to tackle provisioning, so I made a major Walmart run in Homestead, FL, just before entering the Keys.  There is no Walmart down here, and groceries are significantly more expensive down in the islands.  I came home loaded for bear, still feeling energetic, so I managed to squirrel away eight cases of water into Marquesa.  Eight cases equates to six bottles a day between the two of us for 30 days in the Bahamas. (No worries, we'll have other beverages, too- juice, sodas, a little wine, and a little rum :) I also bought 6 gallons of spring water for rinsing my hair, which means every fifth day, my hair gets a good scrubbing!  We will be taking 100 gallons of water in our tanks, twenty gallons in our four 5 gallon jerry jugs, and I'm filling the solar shower, too.  Fresh drinking water is a premium in the Bahamas, costing $1.00 a gallon.  Hopefully Mother Nature will provide us with an oppotunity or two to fill our tanks as well.

Saturday afternoon, One gallon Don showed us his new purchase, a 41' Morgan.
She'll be a beauty when he gets through with her!
Saturday night, though it was cloudy on the horizon, the sunset was still beautiful.
I was exhausted by 9pm Saturday night, running on very little sleep.  I have no idea what Cap'n was up to, but I slept twelve straight hours and barely woke up in time for a shower before church on Sunday. I told Donnie I felt like I was sleepwalking as we crossed the highway to church- my legs were numb, lol. At church, we were treated to a moving sermon on 'facing down our fears and having faith.' Great message, and it really hit home to the both of us. The music was amazing as always- there are some extremely talented musicians in their praise band.

After church we went to the Hurricane to feast on their five dollar menu- it was delicious as always. From there, Mac, Jean, my sister in law, Diane, Donnie and I hung out by the pool and played dominoes. Donnie swam laps afterwards, and I napped in the late afternoon sun. I was still catching up on some much needed sleep, apparently :) Donnie tackled cleaning out the cockpit locker, (a much needed to do item, to done) sorting through the scuba gear, and stowing it away, while I fixed dinner.

While enjoying our dinner in the cockpit, we paused to catch the sunset.
It was looking to be perfect conditions for the green flash...
Seconds after snapping this photo we saw it- the GREEN FLASH!
There was much cheering and applause heard all around :)
After sundown, we watched the Purdue/Kansas game on Dan and Biddi's boat- if that wasn't a heartbreaker. The might Boilermakers gave up an eleven point lead to lose by three in the final minutes.

And THAT brings me up to the brief blog entry called "it's been nuts"...clearly you can see how crazy busy we have been.  Tomorrow, I shall catch you up on the events from today.  For now, it is after 1am, and I am calling it a night.  Mayor Danny, on the other hand, is STILL going strong.  We keep hearing the occasional "WooHoo!" and "Donnie....whattaya doin'???"  Oh Danny, he'll be feeling the pain tomorrow, lol.  G'nite y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment