Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fish Fry

The fact that it is already March 1st, has caught me rather unawares.  It is hard to believe that our stay here at Banana Bay is coming to a close in less than one month.  The plan is to leave on or about April 1st for a month of cruising in the Bahamas.  To think of cruising for a month abroad is a little daunting when I look about Marquesa and all of the things that we need, or need done, to safely go on this adventure.  So the list making began today; the Amazon shopping will begin in earnest this evening. 

The Cap'n is installing a new thermostat as I write this, in anticipation of reinstalling the AC tomorrow.  It can come none to soon, as it has been hot (mid 80's) and humid this week.  I happily did my cleaning today, while the Cap'n went fishing with Kenny and Rich.  Sadly, they only came home with one yellowtail.  The fishing has not been good, lately.  I can't wait to do some offshore trolling in the Gulf Stream!  In fact, I pedal, pedal, pedalled my clownbike to the post office to mail Mom's 'overflow', and then to the grocery.  I poured over the spices aisle in anticipation of grilling some fresh fish in the Bahamas.  I came home with some Caribbean Jerk seasoning, and a different brand of lemon pepper seasoning. This afternoon, I diced up red potatoes, vidalia onion, and yellow squash with butter, fresh garlic, and rosemary from my herb garden.  My contribution for the fish fry tonight was enough potatoes to feed 10-12, so I decided to change it up a bit.  Since I came home with only a spoonful, I'd say it was a hit.  Edie and Fran did a fabulous job preparing the fillets, and Bryan was the master of the fryer :)  It was beyond delicious- I ate myself into misery yet again.  I blame Keith.
Notice our plates are empty- time for seconds :)
Kenny's clam chowder was a hit- the bowls were empty, too.
And then Keith brought out the brownie bites...oh my goodness. Sinfully delicious.
Mom, I'm sorry you missed out, so I ate a carmel
brownie especially for you!  Yummy :)
Daffy Rich joined in Keith's birthday party...
There had to be a reason it took three tries to upload this photo.
I'm not sure what to say about a guy who hides his
party hat, and requests a 'guac tree'
(that would be an avocado tree, I think.)
I will vouch for him that he was stone cold sober...other than that?!
What a couple, huh?  They'll be celebrating their 60th wedding
 anniversary in May.  Such a legacy!
Edie certainly made the most of her first day at the beach :)
I was sorry I missed the manatees down there- they put on quite a show, I hear.
Glad I wasn't the one putting on a show at the beach today.
Time to call it a night...I've got Amazon shopping to do :)  G'nite y'all!  Only 8 days until my Ellie bug gets here, yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment