Thursday, March 29, 2012

no more lists, PTL!

The lists upon lists upon lists that we have been making are all done, done, and done!  Craziness- we are THAT close to living out this dream of ours fifteen years in the making.  Two boats left Banana Bay at 7:30am this morning, joining five other boats from Boot Key Harbor in their own boat parade to the Bahamas. 

We are very nearly ready to shove off.  We need to top off the tanks (propane, deisel, and water) buy the fresh produce at the Big Pine Flea Market on Saturday morning, clean and stow the dinghy Saturday afternoon, then deliver some plants to Diane and a Willis to Kenny and Fran on Sunday, and we are also ready to go.   I checked on passageweather.com today (feel free to go have a look see for yourselves).  We have a great weather window all through this weekend, Monday and into Tuesday. 

On Monday, it looks like a beam reach to the Bahamas on a nearly calm Gulfstream. Wouldn't that just be ideal?!  We are anxiously awaiting Matt & Karie's return from the mainland so we can firm up our departure time.  We are not opposed to sailing straight through to Bimini.  We figure that we'll be so jacked with excitement and andrenaline, that we won't sleep if we anchor out, lol.  I feel like a little kid counting down the days until Christmas.

I filed our sail plan with Customs and Immigration today.  I also sorted through the numerous copies of all of our important documents.  I put a set of copies in the ditch bag, just in case.  I ran a few errands in town, and took care of some banking business. This evening Donnie moved around our GPS chartplotter on the binnacle for better viewing.  Mid morning til mid-afternoon he was busy waxing the starboard side of the boat...
...that is, when he wasn't stopped by people roaming the docks
and asking questions! They are usually curious about our homeport.
We have the boat registered at Charleston, SC, where we set sail from last year.
It is also where we spent our honeymoon, and where Carissa was stationed
with the USAF for three years.  However, it is Willis that usually stops traffic,
"Did you see there's a cat on that sailboat?!"
Cap'n Donnie enjoys telling our story several times a day- he's excited, too.
The furry beast has been hanging close to the boat these days,
maybe he senses something is up.  He's so ridiculous. He already had
his spot in the bed claimed by the time I went to bed last night.
And this is what I woke up to this morning, literally.  I opened
my eyes, and then reached for my camera.  I do love these boys.
Kenny, are you taking notes?!

When I called them both for breakfast, one of
them had to give me lip.  Dern cat.
And this is where I found him this afternoon when we got back from the pool.
That is one long, furry cat.  He's awfully sweet.  God love him.
Cap'n grilled porkchops for dinner, and I made our favorite mixed grill-
potatoes, onion, garlic, green pepper, zuchinni and rosemary.
I also found mango applesauce at the store!  I love all things mango :)
We enjoyed another gorgeous sunset :)
I do not take this view for granted.  I thank God daily, several times
a day, for having the opportunity to live on a sailboat, and to
share this with the love of my life.  I know how blessed I am.
Tomorrow Donnie is planning on his last fishing trip with Kenny.  I will do laundry, scrub the cat carrier, deliver our bikes, and attempt to mend the dodger (though I think it is a lost cause!)  A new dodger, and perhaps a new jib sail, will be on the lists for next year.  This year's list is all TO DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment