Thursday, March 8, 2012

beach party!

Finally, the wind abated some (15-20mph) and we were only 'misted' by a
few sprinkles a couple of times- the best day of the week for a beach party!
This is the view of Sombrero Beach in Marathon.
We never managed to get a group shot, but I think there were 18 of us in all- Kenny & Fran, Mac & Jean, Ken & Lucille, Rich & Edie, Dick & Karen, Bryan & Polly, Matt & Karie, Donnie & I, Diane, and Big Ron. Everybody pitched in to the party, and Edie provided her world famous Edie Burgers.
If you left hungry, it was your own dern fault!
We started out by working up an appetite- hillbilly golf or bocce ball.
The men doing what they do best- discussing the
placement of their balls, lol.  So serious about it, too!
The cheer block, or the peanut gallery-
take your pick!
Kenny & Fran- such a handsome couple,
and such great friends, too :)  love.
Polly presented Cap'n Donnie with an apron,
since he was in charge of the grill, today. Very cool.
Mi hombre de Cubano- aka 'The Grillmeister' (in German) Confusing, I know.
Chow time!  What a feast we had :)))
Some joined in conversation, others joined in a rousing game of dominoes.
Diane's cheesin' because she was the winner.
While the men were gathered round the 'fire' discussing politics,
the economy, and such, they suddenly noticed one of their own had
defected once again.  Paps isn't any fool...there's a rooster in
the hen house!  About that time he puffed up his chest and crowed!
It's safe to say that Paps was enjoying himself much more than those guys.
We pulled back into Banana Bay, and this sweetie
was visiting by Don's boat slip...God love her.
Since Simon was not here to guard the fort, Willis took it upon himself
to guard my garden.  Funny story about the tomatoes...I've been waiting
patiently for them to ripen. Yesterday, it dawned on me that some of my
tomatoes are already ripe- these are yellow heirlooms, not red- oops!
We were treated to a beautiful sunset, even though there was no green flash.
As for me, the countdown is on...Ellie bug will arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 6:35pm tomorrow evening.  Tonight I cleaned the boat up, did a load of laundry, and took care of some business.  I can't wait to see my baby girl!  We have a weekend sail trip planned to Looe Key for some scuba diving.  Diane graciously allowed Ellie to borrow some of her gear.  We have a special treat planned for her when we get back.  The weather is supposed to be sunny and 80 all weekend, with winds 10-20mph.  Perfect for sailing...unless you're a Willis. I'm hoping he doesn't have a weenie stomach this trip.  G'nite y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Rinnie, I had the same problem with the tomato's in my garden a couple of years ago. They never did turn red!! I waited all summer and they never did get red!!! Too funny. :) :)

    ReplyDelete