Thursday, January 13, 2011

Progress!

The pictures continue to tell the story of our days in the boatyard...

At about 10am, the travel lift came to put her in the sling.

Look closely, up she goes!  I caught myself holding my breath on that one.  The forward sling came up first, then the back one followed to level her off, then...


Away she goes!

To give you perspective on how BIG the travel lift is!

Lining up the tires just right to take her out over the water.
And then down she goes...momentarily! We had one little
misstep, as the galley sink drain hose was shot, filling up the
bilge.  Found out the bilge pump works good!  So back up she
went to turn the valve off, and then down she went for good.
My lord, that wind was COLD coming off the ICW- brrrr! 

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds so neat. Glad it is working out well. William and I saw Simon today. He says "hi." Oh, and also Esther.

    ReplyDelete