Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh, the things you think!

Shoved off bright and early, looking for warmer weather.  Dressing in so many layers is for the birds!
Got another 58 miles on down the road...was a good day, except for that little running aground mishap :(
While at Fernandina Beach Harbor Marina, Donnie tore into the engine (again), this time to tinker with the stuffing box.  When I came back from doing laundry and taking a shower, it seems Willis was supervising...




As you pass under
bridges, you can see
the depth markers
along side the "chute".
It says 64 feet
clearance, but it sure
doesn't feel like it as
you go under.





The landscape looks like northern FL, palm trees and pine trees.
The homes were unbelievable...I can't imagine living large live this.


What do these people do for a living?  Are they really happy?
Sunday was a big day for Willis...he explored the cockpit and topsides.  In hs usual curious fashion, we was all over the place...silly Willy.
At first he was not so very sure!

Feeling more brave...bird watching :)


Peeking out the windshield on the dodger :)

Checking out the view portside!

Now starboard...serious business this is...

His Fabio-glamour shot...fur blowing in the breeze!

Until a big power boat went by and scared
him back under the dodger :)

You know Willis is feeling content, when he
starts 'flopping' on the floor.

He's rotten, but we love him!
 So, as we traversed the ICW today, we each took our turn at sharing random thoughts....
"I'm ready for warmer weather"
"A whistling tea kettle is a must!"
"Glad we got these fleece jackets on the Black Friday sale at Walmart, best $7 bucks spent, ever."
"I wonder if I'll have to change the stuffing box."
"I'm glad I brought Grandma's dish towels with me on the boat, every time I do dishes, I think of her and how much she would love being on the water in a sailboat."
"When can I talk you into going out on the ocean?"
"What do these people do for a living in these huge homes?"
"Probably drug runners. You don't think I can talk you into leaving the ICW for some ocean sailing for a bit?"
"I'm thinking of having you grill some pork chops for dinner tonight."
"I wonder how my new cutlass bearing is holding up."
"I can't wait to start my herb garden."
"Where do you think we might find a fuel pump?"

As if we couldn't be any more Venus and Mars... it's a good thing it's love!

So after a dinner of grilled pork chops on the bar-b (even though the spatula ended up in the ICW),
grilled veggies and a glass of wine, we figured out the TV, and settled in for movie night.  Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Mom. This is hilarious. Looks like you guys are having fun- I hope you're nice and warm! xx

    ReplyDelete