Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl, Keys style

The weekend has been a blur of Superbowl parties.   Last evening was the Banana Bay Marina party, and today was the Tiki Da Hut Party over on Angler Drive.  I've eaten my way through the weekend :/  Time to jump back on the clown bike and pedal, pedal, pedal some lbs. off.
These are our new friends Matt and Karie. We are looking forward to a
little sailing trip this weekend to Islamorada..take your Dramamine, Mom,
you're coming along with us :) 
Here's Kenny grinning like the cheshire cat!  We
tried to tell him that he was looking and smelling
far too good for a Marina Superbowl Party.
He says he was just making friends with the bookie!
...and then there's Mayor Dan, of Paradise Pointe, being his
usual outrageous self...oh, Danny.
Yesterday's Superbowl feast was a sight to behold...so many delicious goodies.  I made bruschetta, with fresh basil, oregano, and italian parsley from my herb garden.  I did two cookie sheets full, and they were both gone in no time.  I think it's safe to say that it was a big hit.  For today's shin-ding, I made homemade salsa (with fresh cilantro from the garden :), a veggie tray, mango-pepper jelly with cream cheese and crackers, and....
...no party is complete without homemade oreos!  I missed all my kids
today, and the Superbowl parties we've had over the years.  It did my
heart good to have Michael call me wanting to know how I made meatballs :)
The traditions live on...
Lastly, I want to give a shout out to the city of Indianapolis.  Though I am down here in paradise, the country has followed you closely leading up to today's game.  From Fox News, to the Weather Channel, to the local stations out of Miami, the coverage of Indianapolis has been spectacular.  The city has really outdone itself, and by all accounts, it was one amazing party and NFL Experience.  I wish I had been there to experience it for myself. I would have waited the six hours to do the zipline! As for the winning NY Giants, it was awesome to see a Manning win a Superbowl in the house that big brother Manning built!  What a comeback :)

No comments:

Post a Comment