Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sailing :)

The morning began with a visit from Matt, to discuss sailing plans for this weekend.  We looked at the charts, and decided on a 10am departure time for tomorrow.  Both couples are ready to get off the dock! Donnie and I then left to run errands; to get propane, diesel, to Home Depot, the post office, then to meet with the electrician to discuss the refrigerator situation.  Looks like another compressor is out. Donnie is meeting with him tomorrow at 8am to pick up the A/C.  It will likely be cause for us to B.reak O.ut A.nother T.housand.  It's only money.

Once we got back from our running around, Kenny and Fran, Mom, and Chuck met us at the dock to go for an afternoon sail.  It was a gorgeous day, flat out on the Gulf, about 80 degrees and 5-10 knots of wind.  Most of the time we sailed at five knots.

Correction....Chuck had us at about 5 knots all afternoon.  He took the
helm, being a retired naval officer, and Cap'n and I enjoyed a relaxing ride :)
Mom enjoyed the sail, too.  It's the first time she's been
sailing on Marquesa.  She's enjoyed many, many other
sails and sailing parties at MSC through the years.
I didn't even have to tend to the sails...about all I did was get drinks
and tend to the dock lines.  I got off easy :)
Willis T missed the cast off, so he spent the afternoon alone
in the mangroves.  Pegleg and One-Eyed Jack were sleeping
off last night's drunk, so he had no friends to keep him company.
He was ever so glad to see Uncle Kenny by the time we got back!
Party of 14 for 25 cent wing night! Big Ron and Danny held court at our
table while we waited over an hour for our food.  I don't think I'll be doing
wings again anytime soon.  It's just way too crowded for me- I'll stick
to Taco Tuesdays and the occasional $5.00 lunch special.
Gotta get to bed soon, we actually need to set an alarm for the morning.  Donnie needs to meet the electrician at 8am, and I need to tend to some last minute chores before we cast off.  If I am offline over the weekend, think nothing of it.  I'll take lots of pics and fill you in on the adventures when we get back Sunday before sundown :)  G'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment