Thursday, February 23, 2012

off dock!

Any day off the dock is a good day.  Today was an absolutely great day :)  We took the parents on a sail to Burdine's for lunch, under the Seven Mile Bridge and on to the Atlantic side.  From there we went through Boot Key Harbor, through Sister's Creek, past Sombrero Beach, skirting the reef, and back to the Gulf.  We were treated to about twenty minutes of dolphins who played with the boat.  We'd circle back, and they'd circle back...it was so cool.  I must have taken 40 pics of them.  We watched a gorgeous sunset again this evening, then enjoyed a late night swim in the pool and hot tub.  Couldn't have asked for a better day.  I'll let the pics tell the rest...

My momma loves being on the water; I come by it honest.
Getting ready to pass under the Seven Mile Bridge.  This structure is part of old
Highway One, which before that, was part of the old Flagler Railroad running to Key West.
Passing under the bridge; I know, how many pictures have I
taken going through the bridge?!  But I got a seagull in this one!
Cap'n Mac at the helm :)
I'm loving the sunshine! It was a hot one today.
Mamaw is in her favorite spot up on the bow.  You should see her weasel
her way around when we come about with the sails, lol!
The only one not having a good time was Willis.  He was feeling sickly.
As we headed into the Atlantic, we were pounding into the waves.
The poor kitty got seasick, only once, and thankfully not on our bed.

I won the dice game my first try at Burdine's- woohoo!
These guys came down from Cedar Point, NC, on the Outer
Banks.  They were refilling water and fuel, on their 36'
Islander.  Said they've caught their limit in lobster several
days, and the fishing has been great....I'd like to know their secret!
After lunch we took the folks past Boot Key Harbor and out Sister's Creek.
Past Sombrero Beach...I can't wait to have a beach party with Rich and Edie
when they get here this next week! 
And then Cap'n got put in time out...in the dinghy... as we sailed on, lol.
He was happy to get back on board :)
It's safe to say the folks were enjoying themselves.
We reminisced about our trip to the Dry Tortugas last year- good times!
Whenever we see this schooner out, it reminds us of a kid's coloring book.
DOLPHINS!!! Pretty soon the fun began.  We headed toward them, and I
was able to call them up by banging my wedding band on the bow pulpit!
Pretty soon they came up and we played for about 20 minutes...it was so fun!
Love them :)
It was a game for them to cut back and forth in
front of our bow.  They are speedy quick!
The one on the left appears to be a pregnant female!
It was so exciting...the two grandmas were smiling like
school girls cooing and talking to them.  The
dolphins were chittering back, too :)
Three abreast and swimming FAST!  I'll have more dolphin pics for you on
Sunday, as its the member's only party at the Dolphin Research Center :)
Willis was in charge of the mainsail sheet.  He was sleeping on the job.
One gallon Don and his family were out to see the sunset. The wind had died.
It was looking to be a promising sunset :)
I had to wake the furry beast up, or he was going to
miss the sunset...
"Alright, Mamaw, one of us is gonna have to move.
Who's it gonna be, hmmm?"
"Mom, you tricked me!  I thought we were almost
back to the dock."
"Why did you wake me up?!  I'm still sleepy...I've been sick, Mom."
Such a sassafras. 
Willis could care less about the sunset, he
was looking for "Land Ho!"
Like a painting...so beautiful.
It was a perfect ending to a perfect day in paradise.



No comments:

Post a Comment