Sunday, January 5, 2014

Rainy Saturday, 82 and sunny today!

Saturday was a lazy rainy sort of day.  Cap'n went rummaging, and hit the mother load where a guy had a pole barn full of boating, sporting, and fishing equipment of all kinds.  He scored on some much needed anchor chain, saving us at least $100, so that was good.  He got some fishing stuff, and a Cadillac of a basket for my new clown bike.  In addition to the basket, it has two side saddlebags that are soft sided coolers- perfect for grocery getting or for going to the beach. 
While Cap'n was busy wheelin' and dealin', Willis and I were had at work in the
Vberth.  The rain was coming down, which is so relaxing in and of itself- it put
the boy right out.  I spent the morning listening to the rain fall and finishing
up my first book of the season.  During the school year, I never have time to
read for pleasure, so I love being able to get lost in a good book on the boat.
I loved this pic I found on FB.  The winter snow advisory is all the buzz.  My
daughter Emily went to Aldi's today to stock up...she was #24 in line, with 15 more
carts behind her.  Fortunately, they still had bread!
We went to Mamaw and Paps at 4:30pm yesterday to watch the Colts game.
Things were not looking good at halftime, but I never lost faith!  When
Andrew Luck recovered the fumble and dove in for the touchdown, I
think my screams could be heard all the way back to Indiana.  WOW!!!
Even better than the game was getting to Facetime with
Carissa, Austin, Jennessa, Elliebug, and baby Donovan.
Mamaw and Paps were in awe of being able to see and
talk to them all "live time".  Not gonna lie, I was
pretty dang excited, too!  And they were watching the
Colts game in Germany. Well, everyone but the baby :)
Speaking of Elliebug, she bought Cap'n a wireless headset for the TV for
Christmas.  Willis was helping read the directions, while Cap'n set it up.
While he watched the Eagles/Saints game, I was able to start in on a
second book in the peace and quiet!  This gift was a Godsend, as Cap'n
could never get the TV loud enough to hear over the AC unit on Marquesa.
This morning, the snow finally began to fall back home.  I talked
with Emily a bit ago, and it was falling an inch an hour.  It's a
heavy wet snow, that sometimes changed over to rain. 
I must admit it looks beautiful....
However, this is the view I have today- 82 and sunny!
I must sign off for now, as I need to get busy in the galley here shortly.  The dockmaster at Banana Bay has been smoking meats all day for a BBQ at 5pm today out on Paradise Pointe.  It's a beautiful day for an outdoor BBQ- I can't wait!  It's always fun to see what goodies other boaters turn out from their galley's.  Today, I am making comfort food- for all our friends back home- homemade mac and cheese with bacon on top.  We ate salads for lunch so we can enjoy ourselves tonight :)  Be safe, y'all.  I pray the heavy, wet snow does not cause the power to go out.  I hear the artic blast is behind the snow.  You can have it; I'll take the warm sunshine any day!




No comments:

Post a Comment