Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm sure going to miss this place

I didn't get moving until nearly 11:00am, but I was up until almost 4:00am.  It was one of THOSE nights, where the brain simply would not turn off.  Starting the day late, and realizing it is 4/29, the date of my dad's birthday, just left me feeling 'off' all day, for lack of a better word.  It always hits me strangely, even after nearly thirty years.  Oh well, there's work to be done.

Donnie tackled the chart table, sea berth, cockpit lazerette, tools and dive gear, while I hit the hanging locker, galley, hatches under the settees, the head, and medicine chest.  It was time to clean, sort, organize, throw away, and pack.  I mailed another box of winter clothes and linens to Mom, as I am afraid we won't have room for Willis and his litterbox in the Jeep!
Willis seemed a little out of sorts in all of the cleaning confusion.
He definitely knew something was up when I got out his cat carrier.
He wanted nothing to do with it.
After a late lunch on the boat, by 3:00pm we took a break for some fun
 in the sun by the pool. Today was bittersweet all the way around.
The bougainvillea is in full bloom again by the pool- so pretty.
As Marquesa was getting emptied out and carried to
the Jeep, Willis was chillin' looking for a belly rub.
I think he's feeling a little blue, too.
Donnie and I decided that tonight we needed to close out our
wonderful winter season in the Keys by taking the dinghy out
for a final ride to get some delicious seafood. 
It was a beautiful time of day for a dinghy ride on the Gulf.
The entrance to the harbor at Keys Fisheries.
The folks were lined up about twenty deep to place their order at the window.
The view from our table out on the dock, as we gorged ourselves on
hogfish sandwiches, a crabcake, fries, slaw, sweet tea and key lime pie.
We went balls to the walls for our 'last supper' :)
I'm sure gonna miss this place.  Time to go home and make money
so we can do it again next year. 
We plan to attend a Tent Sale at 8:00am tomorrow morning for a boatyard that is going out of business.  Maybe we can pick up a few things for Marquesa if we find some good deals.  Then Dave and his wife Bert are going to meet us around 9:00am to ride along as we move Marquesa to the canal, next door to Dave and Diane on the Atlantic side.  It will mean a final trip under the seven mile bridge for this year.  All good things must come to an end...so they say...whoever the heck 'they' are.  The dishes are calling...Willis' box needs cleaned for the trip home. *heavy sigh* Have I said I'm really going to miss this place?!

1 comment:

  1. I know your going to miss paradise but I will be really glad when you get home and I have a walking buddy. LeAra and I drove past your house tonight on our way home from Anderson, just doesn't seem the same when your not there. P.S. You could bring some of the sunshine and warm weather back with you.

    ReplyDelete